Re: It'll have been 19 years this Sunday...

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
      BIG DEAL!!! I discovered Brooksie as a 5th Grader in 1979/1980, when
      a local Los Angeles TV station showed the documentary, HOLLYWOOD-The
      Pioneer Years.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, dasimperator

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
        That's about when I'd first heard mention of Louise Brooks. A
        friend of mine had seen Diary of a Lost Girl at our local restored
        cinema palace Proctor's Theater. I'd found her book at the library
        looking for of all things, info on the Ziegfeld Follies and silent
        movie star Olive Thomas.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 17, 2004
          That's wonderful, Olive. At least I'm alone in that regard.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 17, 2004
            DAMN!!! I forgot to put the word "not" in.