Re: It'll have been 19 years this Sunday...

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 16 6:31 AM
      I'd "discovered" her about ten years sooner than you...

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Meredith Lawrence
      <m-lawrence@b...> wrote:
      > Three days before my 41st birthday, but it took me until 14
      February

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 16 11:13 AM
        BIG DEAL!!! I discovered Brooksie as a 5th Grader in 1979/1980, when
        a local Los Angeles TV station showed the documentary, HOLLYWOOD-The
        Pioneer Years.

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, dasimperator

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 16 7:29 PM
          That's about when I'd first heard mention of Louise Brooks. A
          friend of mine had seen Diary of a Lost Girl at our local restored
          cinema palace Proctor's Theater. I'd found her book at the library
          looking for of all things, info on the Ziegfeld Follies and silent
          movie star Olive Thomas.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 17 11:44 AM
            That's wonderful, Olive. At least I'm alone in that regard.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 17 1:31 PM
              DAMN!!! I forgot to put the word "not" in.