Re: It'll have been 19 years this Sunday...

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 9, 2004
      YUP!!! Amazing, isn't it? I can't believe that it's been almost 20
      years since she passed on. I was 16 then, when I heard the news.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
        I'd "discovered" her about ten years sooner than you...

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Meredith Lawrence
        <m-lawrence@b...> wrote:
        > Three days before my 41st birthday, but it took me until 14
        February

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
          BIG DEAL!!! I discovered Brooksie as a 5th Grader in 1979/1980, when
          a local Los Angeles TV station showed the documentary, HOLLYWOOD-The
          Pioneer Years.

          -Dario.

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, dasimperator

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
            That's about when I'd first heard mention of Louise Brooks. A
            friend of mine had seen Diary of a Lost Girl at our local restored
            cinema palace Proctor's Theater. I'd found her book at the library
            looking for of all things, info on the Ziegfeld Follies and silent
            movie star Olive Thomas.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 17, 2004
              That's wonderful, Olive. At least I'm alone in that regard.

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 17, 2004
                DAMN!!! I forgot to put the word "not" in.