It'll have been 19 years this Sunday...

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 7, 2004
      since Louise Brooks last walked the earth. She died August 8,
      1985 at her home in Rochester, New York.
    • Meredith Lawrence
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7, 2004
        Three days before my 41st birthday, but it took me until 14 February
        1997 to find her.

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 9, 2004
          YUP!!! Amazing, isn't it? I can't believe that it's been almost 20
          years since she passed on. I was 16 then, when I heard the news.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
            I'd "discovered" her about ten years sooner than you...

            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Meredith Lawrence

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
              BIG DEAL!!! I discovered Brooksie as a 5th Grader in 1979/1980, when
              a local Los Angeles TV station showed the documentary, HOLLYWOOD-The
              Pioneer Years.

              -Dario.

              --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, dasimperator

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 16, 2004
                That's about when I'd first heard mention of Louise Brooks. A
                friend of mine had seen Diary of a Lost Girl at our local restored
                cinema palace Proctor's Theater. I'd found her book at the library
                looking for of all things, info on the Ziegfeld Follies and silent
                movie star Olive Thomas.

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 17, 2004
                  That's wonderful, Olive. At least I'm alone in that regard.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 17, 2004
                    DAMN!!! I forgot to put the word "not" in.