Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Does anyone have any Brookspix to share?

  • Perri Lee Leuthard
    Message 1 of 7 , May 21, 2004
      I will be off work for a couple of days starting Sunday. I will upload what I have. Everytime something like this happens I feel like never using yahoo services again. they are such gougers. Perri Lee

      olive_e_thomas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Those pinheads at Yahoo messed with the management
      settings without telling anyone and for an unknown time if you
      selected to disable file uploading to stop link spammers you
      also blocked people from loading pictures in the photoalbum.

      I've fixed the settings so you can put piz in the albums again if
      anyone has some to share

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Perry Lee Leuthard

      Message 2 of 7 , May 21, 2004
        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Perri Lee Leuthard
        <cheaptrickaz@y...> wrote:
        > I will be off work for a couple of days starting Sunday. I will
        upload what I have. Everytime something like this happens I feel like
        never using yahoo services again. they are such gougers. Perri Lee

        They've actually been pretty good at addressing much of the group
        spamming problems. They fixed it so that items put in the clipboard
        are now deleted in a day - spammers would load their files and links
        to the clipboard so you'd see their crap first. They set up barriers
        to automated programs so that it'd be harder for them to join a rank
        of groups to post their spam.

        However they are creeping their way back into groups that don't select
        the option of moderating new members. Bundling files and photos
        together in the management section so that you can't just block files
        is about the only really serious shortcoming thus far.

        That and the fact that you get passworded way too often when going
        into the photosection. I've chosen once a day passwording but yahoo
        photos seems to hit me up for mine every 4 or 5 hours or so...
        Message 3 of 7 , May 23, 2004
          Just so you don't wonder where your pix went we moved them
          into the member's brookspix folder so that the top level of the
          photosection doesn't get crowded.
        • Perri Lee Leuthard
          Message 4 of 7 , May 23, 2004
            my pics was removed. Perri Lee
            Just so you don't wonder where your pix went we moved them
            into the member's brookspix folder so that the top level of the
            photosection doesn't get crowded.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Message 5 of 7 , May 24, 2004
              Leuthard" <perrilee@c...> wrote:
              > my pics was removed. Perri Lee

              Don't recall ever outright deleting any pix. Perhaps Yahoo lost
              them in the change from clubs to groups assuming these were
              old pix.

              Best solution is to try again in a new album or something...
              Message 6 of 7 , May 24, 2004
                OH BROTHER!!! Yahoo! strikes again.