Does anyone have any Brookspix to share?

    Message 1 of 7 , May 21, 2004
      Those pinheads at Yahoo messed with the management
      settings without telling anyone and for an unknown time if you
      selected to disable file uploading to stop link spammers you
      also blocked people from loading pictures in the photoalbum.

      I've fixed the settings so you can put piz in the albums again if
      anyone has some to share
    • Perri Lee Leuthard
      Message 2 of 7 , May 21, 2004
        I will be off work for a couple of days starting Sunday. I will upload what I have. Everytime something like this happens I feel like never using yahoo services again. they are such gougers. Perri Lee

        olive_e_thomas <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Those pinheads at Yahoo messed with the management
        settings without telling anyone and for an unknown time if you
        selected to disable file uploading to stop link spammers you
        also blocked people from loading pictures in the photoalbum.

        I've fixed the settings so you can put piz in the albums again if
        anyone has some to share

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Perry Lee Leuthard

        Message 3 of 7 , May 21, 2004
          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Perri Lee Leuthard
          <cheaptrickaz@y...> wrote:
          > I will be off work for a couple of days starting Sunday. I will
          upload what I have. Everytime something like this happens I feel like
          never using yahoo services again. they are such gougers. Perri Lee

          They've actually been pretty good at addressing much of the group
          spamming problems. They fixed it so that items put in the clipboard
          are now deleted in a day - spammers would load their files and links
          to the clipboard so you'd see their crap first. They set up barriers
          to automated programs so that it'd be harder for them to join a rank
          of groups to post their spam.

          However they are creeping their way back into groups that don't select
          the option of moderating new members. Bundling files and photos
          together in the management section so that you can't just block files
          is about the only really serious shortcoming thus far.

          That and the fact that you get passworded way too often when going
          into the photosection. I've chosen once a day passwording but yahoo
          photos seems to hit me up for mine every 4 or 5 hours or so...
          Message 4 of 7 , May 23, 2004
            Just so you don't wonder where your pix went we moved them
            into the member's brookspix folder so that the top level of the
            photosection doesn't get crowded.
          • Perri Lee Leuthard
            Message 5 of 7 , May 23, 2004
              my pics was removed. Perri Lee
              Just so you don't wonder where your pix went we moved them
              into the member's brookspix folder so that the top level of the
              photosection doesn't get crowded.

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              Message 6 of 7 , May 24, 2004
                Leuthard" <perrilee@c...> wrote:
                > my pics was removed. Perri Lee

                Don't recall ever outright deleting any pix. Perhaps Yahoo lost
                them in the change from clubs to groups assuming these were
                old pix.

                Best solution is to try again in a new album or something...
                Message 7 of 7 , May 24, 2004
                  OH BROTHER!!! Yahoo! strikes again.