Don't know if anyone else is watching...

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 24, 2003
      But TCM is running "God's Gift to Women" right now with Louise
      playing the role of "Florine" without the trademark bangs but with
      the familiar Louise side hair. Otherwise a crapass movie...
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 24, 2003
        Oh no! Had I've known about it, I would have asked you for a copy of
        that film. I've read all about it in Barry Paris's bio on Brooksie.

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 24, 2003
          I was halfway through watching it when I realized this was one of
          Brooksie's movies so I didn't tape it myself. At least we know it's
          in TCM's library and stands a chance of showing up again...

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 28, 2003
            I should note that any speculation that Brooksie "didn't have a
            voice" for talkies would've been totally discredited by this movie.
            It's a shame she got screwed by Paramount in such a way it
            basically set her up for not willing to be so cooperative later on in
            her career.
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 29, 2003
              Oh good. If you do see it again, tape it, so that some of us can
              watch it.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 29, 2003
                Well, Brooksie always said that it was her fault for not following up
                on her film career that caused her to bomb in Hollywood. But, with
                what she saw going around her, who could blame her for ripping
                Hollywood apart like that?