Re: Happy Birthday Louise Brooks!

    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 4, 2002
      COOL!!! I love Thomas's English Muffins. With all those nooks and
      cranies that hold the melted butter(Man, do I remember the lines to
      that commercial or what!).

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., olive_e_thomas <no_reply@y...>

      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 4, 2002
        I've had to delete these messages for language content. Please keep the cussing to a minimum...

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., "Bill Morris" <bmorris@m...> wrote:
        > The problem lies in that region coding. Sure, DVD has great resolution, but in some cases, you can't play a DVD bought in America on
        a player in Great Britain and other countries.

        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 6, 2002
          SORRY!!! But how can anyone not see how wonderful DVD technology is?

          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 6, 2002
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > SORRY!!! But how can anyone not see how wonderful DVD
            technology is?

            It's doing nothing that the Laserdisc hasn't been doing for the
            last 20 years or so only smaller and with those pesky
            copy-protection schemes that limit it's usefulness (like for me
            who wants to be alble to rent or borrow movies and make dubs
            of the ones I want to keep). And with some discs you get more
            compression 'artifacts' than King Tut's tomb.I also find the lack of
            RF modulator (missing on virtually all DVD machines) to be
            kinda cheesy. In any event I just don't buy (or rent) enough
            movies to justify bothering to get a DVD. All the movies I like I can
            copy to Beta off of good old TCM...

            Funny but the old RCA Selectavision CED format was killed
            largely by the inability to record (and the inherent problems
            associated with a needle on record technology). I actually have
            an old CED player, but no discs for it : (.

            When I do break down and go DVD the first discs I get (besides
            2001 A Space Odessey) will likely be a set of Brooksie's movies.
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 10, 2002
              Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.