Re: Happy Birthday Louise Brooks!

    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 3, 2002
      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., nutsaboutclara
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > P.S. BTW, are you related to Olive Oyl by any chance?(Joke)

      I'm an heiress to the English Muffin fortune.... :op
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 4, 2002
        COOL!!! I love Thomas's English Muffins. With all those nooks and
        cranies that hold the melted butter(Man, do I remember the lines to
        that commercial or what!).

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., olive_e_thomas <no_reply@y...>

        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 4, 2002
          I've had to delete these messages for language content. Please keep the cussing to a minimum...

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., "Bill Morris" <bmorris@m...> wrote:
          > The problem lies in that region coding. Sure, DVD has great resolution, but in some cases, you can't play a DVD bought in America on
          a player in Great Britain and other countries.

          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 6, 2002
            SORRY!!! But how can anyone not see how wonderful DVD technology is?

            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 6, 2002
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:
              > SORRY!!! But how can anyone not see how wonderful DVD
              technology is?

              It's doing nothing that the Laserdisc hasn't been doing for the
              last 20 years or so only smaller and with those pesky
              copy-protection schemes that limit it's usefulness (like for me
              who wants to be alble to rent or borrow movies and make dubs
              of the ones I want to keep). And with some discs you get more
              compression 'artifacts' than King Tut's tomb.I also find the lack of
              RF modulator (missing on virtually all DVD machines) to be
              kinda cheesy. In any event I just don't buy (or rent) enough
              movies to justify bothering to get a DVD. All the movies I like I can
              copy to Beta off of good old TCM...

              Funny but the old RCA Selectavision CED format was killed
              largely by the inability to record (and the inherent problems
              associated with a needle on record technology). I actually have
              an old CED player, but no discs for it : (.

              When I do break down and go DVD the first discs I get (besides
              2001 A Space Odessey) will likely be a set of Brooksie's movies.
              Message 6 of 18 , Dec 10, 2002
                Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion.