Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Re: cheap silent dvds

  • Perry Leuthard
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 18, 2002
      I am interested in the Clara Bow titles wings and mantrap. Perry at cheaptrickaz@.... the email name gigglesmagnolia part got cut off.
      nutsaboutclara <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Good for you, Jenny!!!

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., blueorchid99999
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > heeee, happily the girl I'm staying with has the very-expensive
      setup
      > to do just that ;D --jenny
      >

      > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., nutsaboutclara
      <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > Good luck on finding a burner that does just that!
      > >
      > > -Dario.
      > >

      > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., blueorchid99999
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > So...I'm going to England in a few days and I'll have access to
      > > > burner that can burn video to DVD. I want to burn silent films
      > and
      > > > sell them, since so many are public domain, and they are so
      > > difficult
      > > > to find. I'm doing this so I can get by in England, since I'm
      not
      > > > allowed to work. I'm charging $9 per VCD and $11 per DVD--
      postage
      > > is
      > > > included in these prices ;)
      > > > I can't bring everything I have over there, not enough room in
      > > > luggage. So I'm going to post my list of films in the movie
      > > > communities, and see what draws the most interest. PLEASE
      PLEASE
      > > > look at the list and email me at gigglesmagnolia@a... with the
      > > > list of what you would like, and your contact info. Thanks!
      > > >
      > > > The List:
      > > >
      > > > listing supporting actors to the best of my memory ;) )
      > > >
      > > > CLARA BOW:
      > > >
      > > > Wings (1927, with Buddy Rogers and Richard Arlen)
      > > > It (1927, with Antonio Moreno)
      > > > Mantrap (1926, with Ernest Torrence. Directed by Victor
      Fleming,
      > > who
      > > > directed Gone with the Wind twelve years later!)
      > > > Free to Love (1925, with Lawrence Gray)
      > > > My Lady of Whims (1925, with Lawrence Gray)
      > > > (talkies):
      > > > The Wild Party (1929, with Fredric March)
      > > > Dangerous Curves (1930, with Kay Francis)
      > > > Call Her Savage (1931, Gilert Roland???)
      > > >
      > > > LOUISE BROOKS:
      > > >
      > > > Diary of a Lost Girl (German, 1928, dir. by G.W. Pabst)
      > > > Love Em and Leave Em (1925, with Eleanor Boardman)
      > > >
      > > > THEDA BARA:
      > > >
      > > > A Fool There Was (1914)
      > > >
      > > > RUDOLPH VALENTINO:
      > > >
      > > > The Sheik (1921, Vilma Banky)
      > > > Son of the Shiek (1926, Agnes Ayres)
      > > > Blood and Sand (1922, Nita Naldi, Lila Lee)
      > > > Monsieur Beaucaire (1924, Bebe Daniels)
      > > >
      > > > ERICH VON STROHEIM:
      > > >
      > > > Foolish Wives (1922, Mae Busch)
      > > > The Wedding March (1927, Fay Wray)
      > > > Queen Kelly (1928--Gloria Swanson--famously never completed, so
      > the
      > > > story is wrapped up with stills and narration of what was going
      > > > happen)
      > > >
      > > > DW Griffith:
      > > >
      > > > Intolerance (1916, Lillian Gish, Mae Marsh, Robert Harron,
      > > Constance
      > > > Talmadge)
      > > >
      > > > CECIL B. DEMILLE:
      > > >
      > > > Male and Female (1919, Gloria Swanson, Thomas Meighan, Lila
      Lee.
      > > > Fine use of tinting.)
      > > > The Road to Yesterday (William Boyd, Joseph Schildkraut, Jetta
      > > > Goudal, Vera Reynolds. Time Travel!!!)
      > > >
      > > > MARY PICKFORD:
      > > >
      > > > Poor Little Rich Girl (1917)
      > > > The Little American (1917, Jack Holt)
      > > > My Best Girl (1927, Buddy Rogers, her future husband ;) Fine
      use
      > of
      > > > tinting)
      > > > Coquette (1929--her first sound film)
      > > >
      > > > CHARLIE CHAPLIN:
      > > >
      > > > The Gold Rush (1924, Georgia Hale)
      > > >
      > > > GRETA GARBO:
      > > >
      > > > Joyless Street (1925, dir. by G.W. Pabst)
      > > > The Saga of Gosta Berling (1924, dir. by Maurice Stiller)
      > > >
      > > > F.W. MURNAU:
      > > >
      > > > Nosferatu (1922, Max Schreck)
      > > > Faust (1926, Emil Jannings)
      > > >
      > > > OTHERS:
      > > >
      > > > Ben Hur (1927, Ramon Navarro, Betty Bronson, May McAvoy,
      Francis
      > X.
      > > > Bushman. Uses an early form of color in some scenes--more
      > > > than tinteing, but not technicolor yet--believe it was called
      two-
      > > > strip color)
      > > >
      > > > Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde (1920, John Barrymore and Martha
      > Mansfield)
      > > >
      > > > Outside the Law (1920, Lon Chaney, and directed by Tod Browing,
      > > > famous for making Freaks, some ten years later!)
      > > >
      > > > The Lost World (1925, Wallace Beery, Bessie Love. Early attempt
      > > > make a dinosaur movie ;) )
      > > >
      > > > Keystone Comedies Vol. 1-3 (9 Keystone shorts, all made in 1915
      > by
      > > > Mack Sennett. Lots of Fatty Arbuckle, and Mabel Normand is in
      > some
      > > > of them)

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 18, 2002
        What happened to the home page listed in your Yahoo profile? I wanted
        to visit that, but it seems to be lost in '404-land'...
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 19, 2002
          Whom are you refering to?

          -Dario.

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., dasimperator <no_reply@y...>
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 20, 2002
            wrote:
            > Whom are you refering to?
            >
            > -Dario.

            I was referring to BlueOrchid's (Jenny) site called MartianCoquette
            something something...

            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 21, 2002
              Thanks for clearing that up for me.

              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 23, 2002
                Check out Grapevine Video and Kino On Video for the Clara Bow films
                that your looking for. Their web addresses are, respectively,
                http://www.grapevinevideo.com and http://www.kino.com

                -Dario.

                --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., Perry Leuthard

                cheaptrickaz@y... the email name gigglesmagnolia part got cut off.
                > nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...> wrote:Good for you, Jenny!!!
                >
                > -Dario.
                >

                > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., blueorchid99999
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > > heeee, happily the girl I'm staying with has the very-expensive
                > setup
                > > to do just that ;D --jenny
                > >

                > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., nutsaboutclara
                > <no_reply@y...>
                > > wrote:
                > > > Good luck on finding a burner that does just that!
                > > >
                > > > -Dario.
                > > >

                > > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., blueorchid99999
                > > and
                > > > difficult