as seen on the other Louise Brooks sites

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 8, 2002
      The trailer to "American Venus" (1926), the second film in which
      silent screen legend Louise Brooks had a role, will be screened
      as part of a program of "lost films" at this year's San Francisco
      Silent Film Festival. The festival takes place July 13-14.

      "American Venus" - which centered on the 1925 Miss America
      contest and featured technicolor scenes - is considered lost.
      The trailer to the film is likely all that remains. The film starred
      Ford Sterling, Esther Ralston, Lawrence Gray, Douglas
      Fairbanks Jr. and Fay Lanphier (the then reigning Miss America).
      Footage of Brooks is included in the trailer.

      The San Francisco Chronicle ran a big article about the
      upcoming Festival in the paper today (Sunday, July 7). No
      mention of Brooks in the article, however.You can read it on-line
      at
      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/200
      2/07/07/PK4721\.DTL&type=movies
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2002
        Thank you, Olive. My pen-pal, Diana Serra Cary, the former "Baby
        Peggy", will be there this coming weekend, to present one of famous
        films, CAPTAIN JANUARY(1924). I called her the other day and asked
        her for some photographs of the Castro Theater. She told me that she
        would and that she would be wearing a black dress, to go with the
        gold curtain of the theater.

        -Dario.
        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., olive_e_thomas <no_reply@y...>