Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Re: Notice to members who opt to recieve E-mail messages

  • Doug Berger
    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2002
      At 12:20 AM 5/16/2002 +0000, olive_e_thomas wrote:
      >I have a whole folder full of Nigerian scam letters that Yahoo
      >does nothing about blocking and I've been getting unsolicited
      >'stock tips' and insurance quotes from a source that's clever
      >enough to change it's address with every mailing. If I could block
      >domain names or send back a false 'address invalid' notice to
      >the spammer they'd eventually get the hint....

      Try Mail Washer. I just installed it yesterday and it does what you are
      looking for if you use a POP3 mailbox.

      <http://www.mailwasher.net>
      Message 2 of 6 , May 24, 2002
        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., Doug Berger
        <cadfile@s...> wrote:
        > At 12:20 AM 5/16/2002 +0000, olive_e_thomas wrote:
        > >I have a whole folder full of Nigerian scam letters that Yahoo
        > >does nothing about blocking and I've been getting unsolicited
        > >'stock tips' and insurance quotes from a source that's clever
        > >enough to change it's address with every mailing. If I could
        block
        > >domain names or send back a false 'address invalid' notice
        > >the spammer they'd eventually get the hint....
        >
        > Try Mail Washer. I just installed it yesterday and it does what
        you are
        > looking for if you use a POP3 mailbox.
        >
        > <http://www.mailwasher.net>

        Sadly not a Macintosh compatible program. And the reason I'm
        on Mac is to avoid most of the pesky viruses that are rife in the
        smudged Windows world...
        Message 3 of 6 , May 24, 2002
          I think the subject has been milked for all it's worth. Can we go
          back to discussing Brooksie and other silent movie related subjects,
          PLEASE?!!!

          -Dario.

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., olive_e_thomas <no_reply@y...>