Re: Notice to members who opt to recieve E-mail messages

    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2002
      Death to all E-spammers! And death to Yahoo who pretty much
      facilitates them while claiming to be 'anti-spam'...

      I have a whole folder full of Nigerian scam letters that Yahoo
      does nothing about blocking and I've been getting unsolicited
      'stock tips' and insurance quotes from a source that's clever
      enough to change it's address with every mailing. If I could block
      domain names or send back a false 'address invalid' notice to
      the spammer they'd eventually get the hint....

      I keep getting pestered to sign up for DSL or Broadband by every
      @$$.com and their brother and you know what? It's not worth an
      extra 50 bux a month to merely be advertised to at high speed.

      Now it seems everyone's in the spam biz. Drug companies have
      hooked up with drugstores to send you 'educational' information
      (spam) trying to get you to swich from a low cost drug to a higher
      cost one. Nice to know my medical information is for sale to the
      highest bidder...

      And they wonder why the internet is losing favor....
      Message 2 of 6 , May 17, 2002
        Thanks dasimperator. That individual sure had me fooled!

        -Dario

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., dasimperator <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > The message from satsuma_girls and it's reply have been removed for
        > inappropriate content and satsuma_girls has been banned from this
        > club. Please disregard their messages and don't visit their club as
        it
        > is an adult site and in no way related to Louise Brooks. Also I do
        not
        > want to give these spam scum the satisfaction of having won by
        > default...
        >
        > I you spam my club you will be dropped like a Louise Brooks
        boyfriend!
      • Doug Berger
        Message 3 of 6 , May 23, 2002
          At 12:20 AM 5/16/2002 +0000, olive_e_thomas wrote:
          >I have a whole folder full of Nigerian scam letters that Yahoo
          >does nothing about blocking and I've been getting unsolicited
          >'stock tips' and insurance quotes from a source that's clever
          >enough to change it's address with every mailing. If I could block
          >domain names or send back a false 'address invalid' notice to
          >the spammer they'd eventually get the hint....

          Try Mail Washer. I just installed it yesterday and it does what you are
          looking for if you use a POP3 mailbox.

          <http://www.mailwasher.net>
          Message 4 of 6 , May 24, 2002
            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., Doug Berger
            <cadfile@s...> wrote:
            > At 12:20 AM 5/16/2002 +0000, olive_e_thomas wrote:
            > >I have a whole folder full of Nigerian scam letters that Yahoo
            > >does nothing about blocking and I've been getting unsolicited
            > >'stock tips' and insurance quotes from a source that's clever
            > >enough to change it's address with every mailing. If I could
            block
            > >domain names or send back a false 'address invalid' notice
            > >the spammer they'd eventually get the hint....
            >
            > Try Mail Washer. I just installed it yesterday and it does what
            you are
            > looking for if you use a POP3 mailbox.
            >
            > <http://www.mailwasher.net>

            Sadly not a Macintosh compatible program. And the reason I'm
            on Mac is to avoid most of the pesky viruses that are rife in the
            smudged Windows world...
            Message 5 of 6 , May 24, 2002
              I think the subject has been milked for all it's worth. Can we go
              back to discussing Brooksie and other silent movie related subjects,
              PLEASE?!!!

              -Dario.

              --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., olive_e_thomas <no_reply@y...>