Louise Brooks reference on The Simpsons, 4/7/02

  • zootv8
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2002
      Did anyone see The Simpsons last night? Mr. Burns, Springfield's
      oldest, richest and meanest citizen made a reference to Louise Brooks
      and the thin nature of her lingerie! Very funny!

      Lance A. Schart
      ZooTV8@...
      Evanston, IL, USA
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2002
        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., zootv8 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Did anyone see The Simpsons last night? Mr. Burns, Springfield's
        > oldest, richest and meanest citizen made a reference to Louise
        Brooks
        > and the thin nature of her lingerie! Very funny!
        >
        > Lance A. Schart
        > ZooTV8@y...
        > Evanston, IL, USA

        The one time I forget to tune in! By the way on the old Mystery
        Science Theater 3000 (the Comedy Central years) Tom Servo remarks of a
        Greek maiden being sacrificed on an alter in one of those 'Hercules'
        movies, "Huh! Louise Brooks!"
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2002
          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., dasimperator <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., zootv8 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > > Did anyone see The Simpsons last night? Mr. Burns, Springfield's
          > > oldest, richest and meanest citizen made a reference to Louise
          > Brooks
          > > and the thin nature of her lingerie! Very funny!
          > >
          > > Lance A. Schart
          > > ZooTV8@y...
          > > Evanston, IL, USA
          >
          > The one time I forget to tune in! By the way on the old Mystery
          > Science Theater 3000 (the Comedy Central years) Tom Servo remarks
          of a
          > Greek maiden being sacrificed on an alter in one of
          those 'Hercules'
          > movies, "Huh! Louise Brooks!"

          THE SIMPSONS always makes obscure references that most everyone
          watching the program won't get at times. But then again, THE
          SIMPSONS is not a show I watch that often, anyway. It's humor is so
          1975, when yours truly was 6 years old. It's too SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE-
          ish.

          -Dario.
        • muffinia
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
            Well, we don't get Saturday Night Live this side of the pond, but if
            its satire was as finely tuned, its scripting so tight and it made
            me laugh half so much I'd be more than happy with it. And
            obscure references are great fun when y ou get them. Hope I
            catch this particular episode!