Yahoo Spam Warning!

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 29, 2002
      When you sign up for a Yahoo mailing list , you are asked
      whether you'd like to receive "special offers"
      (spam). Most people check 'no.' Well, Yahoo has gone in and
      changed all of the "no's"
      to "yes's". Here's how you change them back: Go to
      www.groups.yahoo.com

      Sign in with your user ID and password. Once you are
      in, there is a row of
      links in the upper right hand corner. Click on
      "account info".

      On the account info page, scroll down to the link
      which says "Edit your
      marketing preferences" and click on it. Change all
      the "yes's" back to
      "no's" and then click save changes.
      ---------

      an article on this is here:
      http://news.com.com/2100-1023-870270.htm
    • muffinia
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 22, 2002
        Just had this from another message group...

        >Having already opted out of Yahoo spam, you might want to opt out of
        Yahoo

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 22, 2002
          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., muffinia <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > Just had this from another message group...

          > >If you want to opt out of this new marketing ploy by Yahoo, click
          on
          > >the following link
          > >http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html
          > >
          > >About halfway down the page, on the right side and in bold, you'll
          > >find "Outside the Yahoo! Network." There's a tiny little link that
          > >lets you opt-out of their electronic snooping.
          > >
          > >It says, "Please click here to opt-out."

          Unfortunately that link is not valid as I'd like to not have to use
          Yahoo crummy cookies. For no good reason if I so much as access my
          cookie list all of Yahoo's cookies self destruct and I have to re-sign
          in to the system because I've been 'forgotten'....
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 22, 2002
            My goodness! What is Yahoo! doing to you people? Where do they get
            such crazy mischief?

            -Dario.

            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., dasimperator <no_reply@y...>

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 23, 2002
              --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...>
              wrote:
              > My goodness! What is Yahoo! doing to you people? Where do they get
              > such crazy mischief?
              >
              > -Dario.

              Considering that the yahoos at Yahoo tried to screw over the guy who
              yodels 'Yahoo-oo-oo-oo' at the end of their commercials I wouldn't put
              anything past those thievin' weasels.....
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 24, 2002
                Boy, I hate to be in that guy's shoes. Being cheated out of
                residuals like that.

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 24, 2002
                  wrote:
                  > Boy, I hate to be in that guy's shoes. Being cheated out of
                  > residuals like that.
                  >
                  > -Dario.

                  Well Paramount tried to screw over Louise in 1928 when her next raise
                  was due. She'd been tipped off that Pabst was trying to get her for
                  Pandora's Box so she told the studio to go f*** themselves and took
                  the Pabst film...

                  As for the Yahoo yodeller he sued and they settled. So thing sometimes
                  have a way of working out for the best...
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 26, 2002
                    Clara Bow was DEFINITELY screwed by Paramount as well. Much worse
                    than Brooksie; she really didn't care that much for money, anyway.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 29, 2002
                      I have an old (15 years or so) tape recording I took off the TV of
                      Louise Brooks talking about Clara Bow for a documentary series on
                      silent Hollywood (the episode was about Clara Bow and John Gilbert
                      rise and demise). TCM replayed the series a couple years ago and I got
                      most of the Clara Bow part (which is what I'd wanted because of Louise
                      being interviewed). Something to look for on your TV schedule....
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 29, 2002
                        Thanks, but, HOLLYWOOD-THE PIONEER YEARS came out in 1979, not 1987!
                        I saw that program originally on KHJ(now KCAL) Ch. 9 as a fifth grade
                        student at that time. I saw it two more times after that(1983 and
                        1987, both on KCET Ch. 28).

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 29, 2002
                          wrote:
                          > Thanks, but, HOLLYWOOD-THE PIONEER YEARS came out in 1979, not 1987!
                          > I saw that program originally on KHJ(now KCAL) Ch. 9 as a fifth
                          grade
                          > student at that time. I saw it two more times after that(1983 and
                          > 1987, both on KCET Ch. 28).

                          Well I saw it on or around 1987....

                          If somebody catches it as coming out on TCM again do let the rest of
                          us know..
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 30, 2002
                            Well, I do know that Critics Choice Video has HOLLYWOOD on VHS. I
                            wonder if they have a DVD version of it available?