Re: Well the Yahoo Screw-Merge has finally happened

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18 1:21 PM
      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., franny_wentzel <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., nutsaboutclara
      <no_reply@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > That's why when I get my own computer, I'm going to America On
      Line.
      > > They seem to be MUCH better than Yahoo!
      > >
      > > -Dario.
      >
      > Well AOL doesn't have these sort of Web groups as far as I can
      tell. I
      > hear MSN has these sort of groups in a less pesky way. I don't know
      if
      > you have to sign up for it...

      I don't know either.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 19 6:05 PM
        > > hear MSN has these sort of groups in a less pesky way. I
        don't know
        > if
        > > you have to sign up for it...

        Well I just put up a web chat group on MSN and there aren't any
        pop-ups but you have to use their stupid 'Passport' system.
        Leave to Microsoft to come up with the most bloated unwieldy
        way to solve a simple problem of logging-in. You can't choose to
        be remembered (like if you're the only one using your computer
        and don't want to have to log un alll the time) and every half day
        or so you have to re-join your own damned club - those brains in
        their infinate wisdom don't have a properly labeled log-in button
        just a 'join now' button - all nice and counter-intuitive.
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20 10:27 AM
          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., olive_e_thomas <no_reply@y...>
          > > > hear MSN has these sort of groups in a less pesky way. I
          > don't know
          > > if
          > > > you have to sign up for it...
          >
          > Well I just put up a web chat group on MSN and there aren't any
          > pop-ups but you have to use their stupid 'Passport' system.
          > Leave to Microsoft to come up with the most bloated unwieldy
          > way to solve a simple problem of logging-in. You can't choose to
          > be remembered (like if you're the only one using your computer
          > and don't want to have to log un alll the time) and every half day
          > or so you have to re-join your own damned club - those brains in
          > their infinate wisdom don't have a properly labeled log-in button
          > just a 'join now' button - all nice and counter-intuitive.

          Well, leave it to the 'nerds' at Microsoft to f--- up everyone's mind
          with "source of knowledge". Thank goodness I never became THAT nerdy!