Well the Yahoo Screw-Merge has finally happened

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 9, 2002
      The new address for our club is now URL
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thenewcovenoflouisebrooks .I never
      wanted to be on Yahoo Groups but that's out of my control. If anybody
      knows of a better, less obnoxious, group hosting service do let me
      know.....

      I feel so 'unclean' every time I use this crappy service...
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 11, 2002
        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., dasimperator <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > The new address for our club is now URL
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thenewcovenoflouisebrooks .I never
        > wanted to be on Yahoo Groups but that's out of my control. If
        anybody
        > knows of a better, less obnoxious, group hosting service do let me
        > know.....
        >
        > I feel so 'unclean' every time I use this crappy service...

        That's why when I get my own computer, I'm going to America On Line.
        They seem to be MUCH better than Yahoo!

        -Dario.
      • franny_wentzel
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 11, 2002
          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., nutsaboutclara <no_reply@y...>
          wrote:
          > That's why when I get my own computer, I'm going to America On Line.
          > They seem to be MUCH better than Yahoo!
          >
          > -Dario.

          Well AOL doesn't have these sort of Web groups as far as I can tell. I
          hear MSN has these sort of groups in a less pesky way. I don't know if
          you have to sign up for it...
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 18, 2002
            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., franny_wentzel <no_reply@y...>
            wrote:
            > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., nutsaboutclara
            <no_reply@y...>
            > wrote:
            > > That's why when I get my own computer, I'm going to America On
            Line.
            > > They seem to be MUCH better than Yahoo!
            > >
            > > -Dario.
            >
            > Well AOL doesn't have these sort of Web groups as far as I can
            tell. I
            > hear MSN has these sort of groups in a less pesky way. I don't know
            if
            > you have to sign up for it...

            I don't know either.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 19, 2002
              > > hear MSN has these sort of groups in a less pesky way. I
              don't know
              > if
              > > you have to sign up for it...

              Well I just put up a web chat group on MSN and there aren't any
              pop-ups but you have to use their stupid 'Passport' system.
              Leave to Microsoft to come up with the most bloated unwieldy
              way to solve a simple problem of logging-in. You can't choose to
              be remembered (like if you're the only one using your computer
              and don't want to have to log un alll the time) and every half day
              or so you have to re-join your own damned club - those brains in
              their infinate wisdom don't have a properly labeled log-in button
              just a 'join now' button - all nice and counter-intuitive.
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 20, 2002
                --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., olive_e_thomas <no_reply@y...>
                > > > hear MSN has these sort of groups in a less pesky way. I
                > don't know
                > > if
                > > > you have to sign up for it...
                >
                > Well I just put up a web chat group on MSN and there aren't any
                > pop-ups but you have to use their stupid 'Passport' system.
                > Leave to Microsoft to come up with the most bloated unwieldy
                > way to solve a simple problem of logging-in. You can't choose to
                > be remembered (like if you're the only one using your computer
                > and don't want to have to log un alll the time) and every half day
                > or so you have to re-join your own damned club - those brains in
                > their infinate wisdom don't have a properly labeled log-in button
                > just a 'join now' button - all nice and counter-intuitive.

                Well, leave it to the 'nerds' at Microsoft to f--- up everyone's mind
                with "source of knowledge". Thank goodness I never became THAT nerdy!