Re: NEW MEMBER!!!!!

  • rhcolcock
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2002
      If possible check out some other Eisenstein
      films. His BEST were Alexander Nexsky & Ivan the
      Terrible I & II, (III was never completed due to
      Eisenstein's death). (Producing soundtracks which have become
      classics) Also among his silents I have seen were 10 Days
      the Shook the World and Strike. I never saw Q Viva
      Mexico. I do have copies of Potemkin, Alex. & Ivan I&2.
      By the way, Potemkin has two alternate soundtracks.
      The most recent prints have a collection of
      Shostakovitch music (my favorite composer), but the first
      soundtrack I heard it with and the cd I just picked up last
      year was by Meisel which I do prefer. It still has one
      theme which is in Shostakovitch's 11th Sym.