Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Need Brooksie Fans' Help on ebay

  • JayG
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
      It's worked! They have changed their description to "SEXY LOUISE BROOKS HAIRCUT LOOK-ALIKE MODEL . . . " Still not perfect, but at least they have backed off.

      Thanks everyone who alerted ebay. Now they want to talk to ME; I wonder what that's all about.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, RICHARD MATTHEW <modelworker@...> wrote:

      > I have done so.
      >
      > Richard
      >
      > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM, JayG <ioracara@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > Hey everyone. I'm requesting your help to thwart someone on ebay who is
      > > trying to defraud members into buying an old, less valuable photo by passing
      > > it off as one of Louise Brooks.
      > >
      > > It's item number 360380676943. You can view it here:
      > >
      > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360380676943
      > >
      > > I contacted the seller to alert them of the incorrect attribution, and they
      > > have blocked my emails. That probably means they are doing this on purpose.
      > > I reported them to ebay, but ebay has done nothing about it. The seller has
      > > since relisted the photo, again as Louise Brooks.
      > >
      > > Please help remove this fraudulent listing by contacting the seller and -
      > > more importantly - ebay customer service.
      > >
      > > Thanks!

    • KDO
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2011
        Re: "Now they want to talk to ME; I wonder what that's all about."

        Maybe they (eBay) wants to thank you for pointing out the
        misrepresentation.
        ( Or am I being too optimistic? )

        KD

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "JayG" <ioracara@...>