Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Need Brooksie Fans' Help on ebay

  • RICHARD MATTHEW
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
      I have done so.

      Richard

      On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM, JayG <ioracara@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Hey everyone. I'm requesting your help to thwart someone on ebay who is
      > trying to defraud members into buying an old, less valuable photo by passing
      > it off as one of Louise Brooks.
      >
      > It's item number 360380676943. You can view it here:
      >
      > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360380676943
      >
      > I contacted the seller to alert them of the incorrect attribution, and they
      > have blocked my emails. That probably means they are doing this on purpose.
      > I reported them to ebay, but ebay has done nothing about it. The seller has
      > since relisted the photo, again as Louise Brooks.
      >
      > Please help remove this fraudulent listing by contacting the seller and -
      > more importantly - ebay customer service.
      >
      > Thanks!

    • JayG
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
        It's worked! They have changed their description to "SEXY LOUISE BROOKS HAIRCUT LOOK-ALIKE MODEL . . . " Still not perfect, but at least they have backed off.

        Thanks everyone who alerted ebay. Now they want to talk to ME; I wonder what that's all about.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, RICHARD MATTHEW <modelworker@...> wrote:

        > I have done so.
        >
        > Richard
        >
        > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM, JayG <ioracara@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hey everyone. I'm requesting your help to thwart someone on ebay who is
        > > trying to defraud members into buying an old, less valuable photo by passing
        > > it off as one of Louise Brooks.
        > >
        > > It's item number 360380676943. You can view it here:
        > >
        > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360380676943
        > >
        > > I contacted the seller to alert them of the incorrect attribution, and they
        > > have blocked my emails. That probably means they are doing this on purpose.
        > > I reported them to ebay, but ebay has done nothing about it. The seller has
        > > since relisted the photo, again as Louise Brooks.
        > >
        > > Please help remove this fraudulent listing by contacting the seller and -
        > > more importantly - ebay customer service.
        > >
        > > Thanks!

      • KDO
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2011
          Re: "Now they want to talk to ME; I wonder what that's all about."

          Maybe they (eBay) wants to thank you for pointing out the
          misrepresentation.
          ( Or am I being too optimistic? )

          KD

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "JayG" <ioracara@...>