Need Brooksie Fans' Help on ebay

  • JayG
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2011
      Hey everyone. I'm requesting your help to thwart someone on ebay who is trying to defraud members into buying an old, less valuable photo by passing it off as one of Louise Brooks.

      It's item number 360380676943. You can view it here:

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360380676943

      I contacted the seller to alert them of the incorrect attribution, and they have blocked my emails. That probably means they are doing this on purpose. I reported them to ebay, but ebay has done nothing about it. The seller has since relisted the photo, again as Louise Brooks.

      Please help remove this fraudulent listing by contacting the seller and - more importantly - ebay customer service.

      Thanks!
    • RICHARD MATTHEW
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
        I have done so.

        Richard

        On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM, JayG <ioracara@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hey everyone. I'm requesting your help to thwart someone on ebay who is
        > trying to defraud members into buying an old, less valuable photo by passing
        > it off as one of Louise Brooks.
        >
        > It's item number 360380676943. You can view it here:
        >
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360380676943
        >
        > I contacted the seller to alert them of the incorrect attribution, and they
        > have blocked my emails. That probably means they are doing this on purpose.
        > I reported them to ebay, but ebay has done nothing about it. The seller has
        > since relisted the photo, again as Louise Brooks.
        >
        > Please help remove this fraudulent listing by contacting the seller and -
        > more importantly - ebay customer service.
        >
        > Thanks!

      • JayG
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 20, 2011
          It's worked! They have changed their description to "SEXY LOUISE BROOKS HAIRCUT LOOK-ALIKE MODEL . . . " Still not perfect, but at least they have backed off.

          Thanks everyone who alerted ebay. Now they want to talk to ME; I wonder what that's all about.

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, RICHARD MATTHEW <modelworker@...> wrote:

          > I have done so.
          >
          > Richard
          >
          > On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM, JayG <ioracara@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hey everyone. I'm requesting your help to thwart someone on ebay who is
          > > trying to defraud members into buying an old, less valuable photo by passing
          > > it off as one of Louise Brooks.
          > >
          > > It's item number 360380676943. You can view it here:
          > >
          > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360380676943
          > >
          > > I contacted the seller to alert them of the incorrect attribution, and they
          > > have blocked my emails. That probably means they are doing this on purpose.
          > > I reported them to ebay, but ebay has done nothing about it. The seller has
          > > since relisted the photo, again as Louise Brooks.
          > >
          > > Please help remove this fraudulent listing by contacting the seller and -
          > > more importantly - ebay customer service.
          > >
          > > Thanks!

        • KDO
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2011
            Re: "Now they want to talk to ME; I wonder what that's all about."

            Maybe they (eBay) wants to thank you for pointing out the
            misrepresentation.
            ( Or am I being too optimistic? )

            KD

            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "JayG" <ioracara@...>