A pleasant surprise on TCM

  • das_imperator
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
      They were running a special called 'Fragments' - a collection of surviving fragments of silent (and some sound) movies. Included in the lot was the trailer to the lost 'American Venus'. A snippet of Louise being kick-nudged behind a door by some guy trying to hide her from another woman - presumably his wife - was shown. Oh for a working TARDIS with a built-in film duplication lab.
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
        If I'm not mistake, Imperator, Grapevine Video might have that trailer you're talking about in their movie trailer collection. But I could be wrong, though.

        -Dario.

        --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "das_imperator" <dasimperator@...> wrote:

        > They were running a special called 'Fragments' - a collection of surviving fragments of silent (and some sound) movies. Included in the lot was the trailer to the lost 'American Venus'. A snippet of Louise being kick-nudged behind a door by some guy trying to hide her from another woman - presumably his wife - was shown. Oh for a working TARDIS with a built-in film duplication lab.

      • RICHARD MATTHEW
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2011
          Eeh! Wish I could have seen that!

          Richard

          On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:44 AM, nutsaboutclara <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>wrote:

          > If I'm not mistake, Imperator, Grapevine Video might have that trailer
          > you're talking about in their movie trailer collection. But I could be
          > wrong, though.
          >
          > -Dario.
          >

          > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "das_imperator"
          > <dasimperator@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > They were running a special called 'Fragments' - a collection of
          > surviving fragments of silent (and some sound) movies. Included in the lot
          > was the trailer to the lost 'American Venus'. A snippet of Louise being
          > kick-nudged behind a door by some guy trying to hide her from another woman
          > - presumably his wife - was shown. Oh for a working TARDIS with a built-in
          > film duplication lab.

        • das_imperator
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 5, 2011
            Hard to say, but the ones I've seen on YouTube are markedly different from the TCM showing.

            Message 5 of 5 , May 7, 2011
              Yes, indeed, they are.