Diary of a Lost Girl, from book to film

  • Thomas_Gladysz
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2010
      The San Francisco Public Library Art, Music & Recreation Center in association with the Louise Brooks Society present

      Diary of a Lost Girl, from book to film

      Sunday, Nov 14th at 1:00pm
      Koret Auditorium, San Francisco Public Library (100 Larkin St. at Grove)

      The celebrated 1929 Louise Brooks film, Diary of a Lost Girl, is based on a controversial and bestselling book first published in Germany in 1905. Though little known today, it was a sensation at the beginning of the 20th century. Thomas Gladysz, Director of the Louise Brooks Society and the editor of a new edition of The Diary of a Lost Girl (PandorasBox Press, 2010), will discuss the book's remarkable history and relationship to the acclaimed silent film. A book signing and Q & A will follow a screening of the G.W. Pabst film.

      This special event is free and open to the public. More info at http://sfpl.org/index.php?pg=1002352301
      and
      http://sfplamr.blogspot.com/2010/10/diary-of-lost-girl-from-book-to-film.html
      and
      http://www.pandorasbox.com/diary.html
    • RICHARD MATTHEW
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2010
        Thanks for posting. I wish I could attend.

        Richard

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 30, 2010
          What a lovely way to celebrate Brooksie's 104th! Thanks for the update, Thomas! =D

          -Dario.