A quarter century since Louise's passing

  • das_imperator
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2010
      Hard to believe time goes by like it does but it's been twenty-five years since she passed away.

      Some last words from Brooksie..

      "I had a lot of fun writing 'Marion Davies' Niece' [an article about Pepi Lederer], leaving the lesbian theme in question marks. All my life it has been fun for me.

      When I am dead, I believe that film writers will fasten on the story that I am a lesbian... I have done lots to make it believable... All my women friends have been lesbians. But that is one point upon which I agree positively with Isherwood: There is no such thing as bisexuality. Ordinary people, although they may accommodate themselves for reason of whoring or marriage, are one-sexed. Out of curiosity, I had two affairs with girls – they did nothing for me."
    • RICHARD MATTHEW
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 8, 2010
        Thanks for that.
        Richard