[The New Coven of Louise Brooks] when in London

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
      For anyone who is close to London any time soon:

      The BFI is celebrating its 75th birthday and to mark that they have a
      small exhibit at BFI Southbank, above the boxoffice to be exact, with
      some interesting items from those 75 years.

      One of the display cases shows some correspondence from famous people.

      A major corner of it has some letters of Louise Brooks. It would seem
      she was a frequent writer to the editor.
      On display are two of her autographed handwritten letters and envelopes.
      One of the letters was sent on Valentines Day and consists of a giant
      red penciled heart and some written text.

      I tried making photos but the reflection messed up most of those. Some
      look a bit ok-ish though so not all is lost.

      The exhibit lasts until 2 november I believe, so kinda.. hurry I suppose.

      Peter

      If it doesn't work out, let me know and I can see if one of the photos
      can be salvaged sufficiently to put online.
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
        nutsaboutclara wrote:
        > A big 'Happy Birthday' to Clara Bow, my red-headed sweetheat, and to
        > Theda Bara, "My Jewish Queen of Cinncinati, Ohio."
        > XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!

        Ok, so I just finished watching Mr and Mrs Smith with Carole Lombard.

        Obviously all because its her centenary today, october 6.. .
        Which was just the right occasion to make this:

        http://thetwilightzone.xs4all.nl/DVDPreviews/images/lombard12casepreview01.jpg

        If you want the full blown thing try
        http://thetwilightzone.xs4all.nl/DVDPreviews/Files/index.html
        <http://thetwilightzone.xs...naryCollection-12Case.rar>
        If it doesn't work, try page 3 at the DVD cover section on the main
        site, http://thetwilightzone.xs4all.nl
        <http://thetwilightzone.xs...naryCollection-12Case.rar>.

        Thanks!
        Peter

        ** Come and see my Laurie Zimmer pages! **

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
          She was a wonderful actress & person, wasn't she, Peter?

          -Dario.

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Peter