HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CLARA & THEDA!!!!!

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 29, 2008
      A big 'Happy Birthday' to Clara Bow, my red-headed sweetheat, and to
      Theda Bara, "My Jewish Queen of Cinncinati, Ohio."
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!

      -Dario.
    • Peter
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
        For anyone who is close to London any time soon:

        The BFI is celebrating its 75th birthday and to mark that they have a
        small exhibit at BFI Southbank, above the boxoffice to be exact, with
        some interesting items from those 75 years.

        One of the display cases shows some correspondence from famous people.

        A major corner of it has some letters of Louise Brooks. It would seem
        she was a frequent writer to the editor.
        On display are two of her autographed handwritten letters and envelopes.
        One of the letters was sent on Valentines Day and consists of a giant
        red penciled heart and some written text.

        I tried making photos but the reflection messed up most of those. Some
        look a bit ok-ish though so not all is lost.

        The exhibit lasts until 2 november I believe, so kinda.. hurry I suppose.

        Peter

        If it doesn't work out, let me know and I can see if one of the photos
        can be salvaged sufficiently to put online.
      • Peter
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2008
          nutsaboutclara wrote:
          > A big 'Happy Birthday' to Clara Bow, my red-headed sweetheat, and to
          > Theda Bara, "My Jewish Queen of Cinncinati, Ohio."
          > XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!

          Ok, so I just finished watching Mr and Mrs Smith with Carole Lombard.

          Obviously all because its her centenary today, october 6.. .
          Which was just the right occasion to make this:

          http://thetwilightzone.xs4all.nl/DVDPreviews/images/lombard12casepreview01.jpg

          If you want the full blown thing try
          http://thetwilightzone.xs4all.nl/DVDPreviews/Files/index.html
          <http://thetwilightzone.xs...naryCollection-12Case.rar>
          If it doesn't work, try page 3 at the DVD cover section on the main
          site, http://thetwilightzone.xs4all.nl
          <http://thetwilightzone.xs...naryCollection-12Case.rar>.

          Thanks!
          Peter

          ** Come and see my Laurie Zimmer pages! **

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
            She was a wonderful actress & person, wasn't she, Peter?

            -Dario.

            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Peter