RE: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Link to a Few Large-Sized Louise Photos

  • Anita M
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
      Thanks! The pic of Louise and Eddie Sutherland has always been one of my
      favorites because it illustrates that she was gorgeous even without glam.

      And I haven't seen many pictures of her in later years. She was close to 60
      in the pic with Richard Arlen and was still looking good.

      Anita M.

      _____

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
      • KD
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
          Here's the info that goes with those photos:

          Louise Brooks Captions for FTP site images:

          01. Louise Brooks in a publicity shot for 1929 Paramount picture The
          Canary Murder Case, in which she played a showgirl. This film was
          originally shot as a silent film but went back into production to be
          made into a talking picture. However, by this time, Brooks was in
          Germany shooting Pandara's Box and could not return. As a result her
          lines were dubbed by actress Margaret Livingston. (Paramount, unhappy
          that Brooks would not return to record her lines, did not tell the true
          story and released news that Brooks voice was dubbed because it did not
          record well.)

          02. Publicity shot of Louise Brooks, circa 1925.

          03. Publicity shot of Louise Brooks, circa 1925.

          04. Publicity headshot for Louise Brooks, circa 1924.

          05. Louise Brooks on the Paramount set of the 1926 film It's the Old
          Army Game with her husband, and the film's director, Edward A.
          Sutherland.

          06. Frame enlargement of Louise Brooks from the 1930 French film Prix de
          beautÈ (aka Beauty Prize).

          07. Publicity headshot of Louise Brooks for the 1930 French film Prix de
          beautÈ (aka Beauty Prize).

          08. Louise Brooks with Richard Arlen, her costar in the 1928 film
          Beggars of Life, look at a scrapbook at George Eastman House in the
          early 1960s.

          --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "KD" <kdo4442000@...>