Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Psychological Profile?

  • Anita M.
    Message 1 of 29 , May 9, 2007
      Now I'm confused.

      Chuck said "She said several times that one of the reasons she
      wouldn't publish her biography was that to do it properly would mean
      spilling all the sexual beans and that she had concerns about what
      this could potentially do to influence young girls. She admitted to
      her priest in the mid-50s that when she read about drinking she
      wanted a drink and when she read about sex she got excited. So she
      opted not to publish her memoirs out of concern for impressionable
      young women."

      But then, some people say one thing one day and the opposite another
      day - maybe a way to hold onto a little privacy.

      Anita M.

      Message 2 of 29 , May 9, 2007
        Some clue as to her reasoning might be found in her comments
        after turning down Playboy magazine for a writing job "all they
        want is (an article about) tits and free-fucking for men."

        Message 3 of 29 , May 12, 2007
          Brooksie was trying to protect herself from what others said about
          her. She never did trust people whom she met and later talked trash
          about her. Brooksie was one tough egg to crack, that's for sure.

          -Dario.