[The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Re: If you haven't obtained your copy of Lulu Forever by all means do so...

    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006
      YOU BET IT IS, JEN!!! Barry Paris really did his homework with his
      tome on Brooksie. Wasn't it a fun read?

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, SMILEYJEN1@...
      wrote:

      > Hi, I'm new to the group! *waves*
      >
      > I recently finished the Paris bio and it was one of the best books
      I've
      > ever read, period. What a fantastic job
      > for a truly fantastic woman.
      >
      > Jennifer ^_^
      >
      > On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:42:14 -0000 nutsaboutclara
      > <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> writes:
      > Recent Activity
      > 3New Members
      > 2New Photos
      > Visit Your Group
      > Louise brooks
      > Yahoo! TV
      > Staying in tonight?
      > Check Daily Picks &
      > see what to watch.
      > Yahoo! 360°
      > Start Today
      > Get your own
      > place online
      > Y! GeoCities
      > Share Your Passion
      > Join the web's lar- gest community..I would rather a lengthy bio on
      > favorite star of mine than a short,
      > truncated slap-dash job by a hack writer anytime, Marc. I'm glad
      > you're enjoying Brooksie.
      >
      > -Dario.

    • Marc Stenchever
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006
        It is indeed. As I am reading it, there are alot of things I have heard in documentaries and such, showing that others have lifted their material directly from the text of his book. Praise indeed!
        Marc

      • SMILEYJEN1@JUNO.COM
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 15, 2006

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 16, 2006
            Well, I do the same thing on my Clara Bow group, Clara's Place,
            Marc. I base my factoids on David Stenn's book on Clara, that he
            published in the late '80s.

            -Dario.

            --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, Marc Stenchever