992Re: If you haven't obtained your copy of Lulu Forever by all means do so...

  • spaneele59
    Dec 9, 2006
      The reviews of the new book I have seen seem to be in line with what all of you are saying.
      Basically, not a biographical work, that being left to the Paris book. This one is more of a
      coffee table format picture book to commemorate the centennial more than anything else. I
      will look for it, and probably end up getting it.
      By the way, my copy of the Paris book arrived yesterday. HOLY MOLY! It will likely take me
      years to get all through that. If you want a biography, you can't do much better than that!
      Marc

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, nutsaboutclara <no_reply@...>
      wrote:

      > From what little I've about it, it's presentation is quite good, but,
      > it didn't seem very original as far as talking about Brooksie's life
      > and career, especially the chapter relating to her early life. But,
      > the photos are quite good, especially the cover.
      >
      > -Dario.
      >

      > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "eaon"
      > <eaonwalkker@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It's terrific. I work in a bookstore, so I got it right out of the
      > book.
      > >

      > > Eaon here, by the way (Hi all!)
      > >

      > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, nutsaboutclara
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've already seen that book at a actors' bookshop here in L.A.,
      > > > Olive. It really didn't have anything new to offer, as far as
      > info
      > > > and pictures of her film was concerned. Great cover, though!
      > > >
      > > > -Dario.
      > > >
      > > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, olive_e_thomas

      > before)

      > this