991Re: If you haven't obtained your copy of Lulu Forever by all means do so...

    Dec 9, 2006
      From what little I've about it, it's presentation is quite good, but,
      it didn't seem very original as far as talking about Brooksie's life
      and career, especially the chapter relating to her early life. But,
      the photos are quite good, especially the cover.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "eaon"
      <eaonwalkker@...> wrote:

      > It's terrific. I work in a bookstore, so I got it right out of the
      book.

      > Eaon here, by the way (Hi all!)

      > > I've already seen that book at a actors' bookshop here in L.A.,
      > > Olive. It really didn't have anything new to offer, as far as
      info
      > > and pictures of her film was concerned. Great cover, though!
      > >
      > > -Dario.
      > >
      > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, olive_e_thomas
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I treated myself to a day trip to New York City this Wednesday
      > > > and picked up a copy at the Barnes and Noble store in the
      > > > Citicorp Center (haven't been in that building in 20 years!).
      > > >
      > > > Lots of great pictures (and lots you probably haven't seen
      before)
      > > > and a some biographical text.
      > > >
      > > > Incedentally if you can get to the Citicorp Center any time
      this
      > > > December before Christmas they have a model train display in
      > > > the atrium that totally pegs out the awesometer. I spent an
      hour
      > > > or more just taking digicam pix and enjoying the layout.

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic