414Re: Louise Brooks vs. VCRs and Big Oil...

    Dec 3, 2002
      Ah, yes. I remember that bit of info from the chapter, titled, "Theo
      & Louise". Great chapter!

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., dasimperator <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > Curiously enough when one of Louise's friends suggested that they
      might bring over a VCR to screen movies in her home she refused
      > thinking it might mess up her TV set. Too bad she didn't have one
      for the time her brother Theodore (who wrote for the Oil & Gas column
      > page of the Wichita Eagle & Beacon) was interviewed on
      NBC's "Behind the Lines in 1974...

      > from a letter to Theo by Louise after the show aired...
      >
      > "I wish you would tell me whether I got your message right: there
      is no conspiracy among the oil companies: that as the sunflower
      > follows the sun by nature, so it is by nature that the oil
      companies rob the world. They do not have to get together to decide
      to do what
      > they have been doing since they came into existence."
      >
      > This message was brought to you by Enron...
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic