411Louise Brooks vs. VCRs and Big Oil...

    Dec 2, 2002
      Curiously enough when one of Louise's friends suggested that they might bring over a VCR to screen movies in her home she refused
      thinking it might mess up her TV set. Too bad she didn't have one for the time her brother Theodore (who wrote for the Oil & Gas column
      page of the Wichita Eagle & Beacon) was interviewed on NBC's "Behind the Lines in 1974...

      from a letter to Theo by Louise after the show aired...

      "I wish you would tell me whether I got your message right: there is no conspiracy among the oil companies: that as the sunflower
      follows the sun by nature, so it is by nature that the oil companies rob the world. They do not have to get together to decide to do what
      they have been doing since they came into existence."

      This message was brought to you by Enron...
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic