381cheap silent dvds

  • blueorchid99999
    Oct 15, 2002
      So...I'm going to England in a few days and I'll have access to a
      burner that can burn video to DVD. I want to burn silent films and
      sell them, since so many are public domain, and they are so difficult
      to find. I'm doing this so I can get by in England, since I'm not
      allowed to work. I'm charging $9 per VCD and $11 per DVD--postage is
      included in these prices ;)
      I can't bring everything I have over there, not enough room in
      luggage. So I'm going to post my list of films in the movie
      communities, and see what draws the most interest. PLEASE PLEASE
      look at the list and email me at gigglesmagnolia@a... with the
      list of what you would like, and your contact info. Thanks!

      The List:

      listing supporting actors to the best of my memory ;) )

      CLARA BOW:

      Wings (1927, with Buddy Rogers and Richard Arlen)
      It (1927, with Antonio Moreno)
      Mantrap (1926, with Ernest Torrence. Directed by Victor Fleming, who
      directed Gone with the Wind twelve years later!)
      Free to Love (1925, with Lawrence Gray)
      My Lady of Whims (1925, with Lawrence Gray)
      (talkies):
      The Wild Party (1929, with Fredric March)
      Dangerous Curves (1930, with Kay Francis)
      Call Her Savage (1931, Gilert Roland???)

      LOUISE BROOKS:

      Diary of a Lost Girl (German, 1928, dir. by G.W. Pabst)
      Love Em and Leave Em (1925, with Eleanor Boardman)

      THEDA BARA:

      A Fool There Was (1914)

      RUDOLPH VALENTINO:

      The Sheik (1921, Vilma Banky)
      Son of the Shiek (1926, Agnes Ayres)
      Blood and Sand (1922, Nita Naldi, Lila Lee)
      Monsieur Beaucaire (1924, Bebe Daniels)

      ERICH VON STROHEIM:

      Foolish Wives (1922, Mae Busch)
      The Wedding March (1927, Fay Wray)
      Queen Kelly (1928--Gloria Swanson--famously never completed, so the
      story is wrapped up with stills and narration of what was going to
      happen)

      DW Griffith:

      Intolerance (1916, Lillian Gish, Mae Marsh, Robert Harron, Constance
      Talmadge)

      CECIL B. DEMILLE:

      Male and Female (1919, Gloria Swanson, Thomas Meighan, Lila Lee.
      Fine use of tinting.)
      The Road to Yesterday (William Boyd, Joseph Schildkraut, Jetta
      Goudal, Vera Reynolds. Time Travel!!!)

      MARY PICKFORD:

      Poor Little Rich Girl (1917)
      The Little American (1917, Jack Holt)
      My Best Girl (1927, Buddy Rogers, her future husband ;) Fine use of
      tinting)
      Coquette (1929--her first sound film)

      CHARLIE CHAPLIN:

      The Gold Rush (1924, Georgia Hale)

      GRETA GARBO:

      Joyless Street (1925, dir. by G.W. Pabst)
      The Saga of Gosta Berling (1924, dir. by Maurice Stiller)

      F.W. MURNAU:

      Nosferatu (1922, Max Schreck)
      Faust (1926, Emil Jannings)

      OTHERS:

      Ben Hur (1927, Ramon Navarro, Betty Bronson, May McAvoy, Francis X.
      Bushman. Uses an early form of color in some scenes--more advanced
      than tinteing, but not technicolor yet--believe it was called two-
      strip color)

      Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde (1920, John Barrymore and Martha Mansfield)

      Outside the Law (1920, Lon Chaney, and directed by Tod Browing,
      famous for making Freaks, some ten years later!)

      The Lost World (1925, Wallace Beery, Bessie Love. Early attempt to
      make a dinosaur movie ;) )

      Keystone Comedies Vol. 1-3 (9 Keystone shorts, all made in 1915 by
      Mack Sennett. Lots of Fatty Arbuckle, and Mabel Normand is in some
      of them)
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic