288Re: Louise Brooks reference on The Simpsons, 4/7/02

    Apr 9, 2002
      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., dasimperator <no_reply@y...>
      wrote:
      > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@y..., zootv8 <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > Did anyone see The Simpsons last night? Mr. Burns, Springfield's
      > > oldest, richest and meanest citizen made a reference to Louise
      > Brooks
      > > and the thin nature of her lingerie! Very funny!
      > >
      > > Lance A. Schart
      > > ZooTV8@y...
      > > Evanston, IL, USA
      >
      > The one time I forget to tune in! By the way on the old Mystery
      > Science Theater 3000 (the Comedy Central years) Tom Servo remarks
      of a
      > Greek maiden being sacrificed on an alter in one of
      those 'Hercules'
      > movies, "Huh! Louise Brooks!"

      THE SIMPSONS always makes obscure references that most everyone
      watching the program won't get at times. But then again, THE
      SIMPSONS is not a show I watch that often, anyway. It's humor is so
      1975, when yours truly was 6 years old. It's too SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE-
      ish.