1239Re: Lulu in The Guardian

    Jan 24, 2009
      True, but I was talking about the movie-going public of today, not
      specifically the silent film fan base here in America. The silent
      film fan base already appreciates Brooksie very much, but not the
      general movie-going public; anything that's not made for today's
      taste is held in high regard. Europeans on the other hand, not only
      view today's films, but enjoy the classics of the past, including
      silent films. That's why I posted the comment; Europeans appreciate
      silent films more than the average American does. It's a reflection
      of our times, really.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "das_imperator"
      <dasimperator@...> wrote:

      > To be fair you might want to check the member list of this and your
      > Clara Bow group before making such a blanket statement. I'm sure the
      > good old USA is fairly well represented in silent movie fandom. Most
      > of the books and DVDs that cover the silent period come out of the
      US
      > market and do so because there are buyers for them.

      > > Nice to see Brooksie get a mention from the Guardian. At least
      > > Europeans like the British appreciate silent film performers like
      > > Louise, not like the rest of America, who could give a (blank)
      about
      > > silent film. Shame on the U.S.A.!
      > >
      > > -Dario.
      > >

      > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, olive_e_thomas