1109Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] "God's Gift to Women"

    Oct 31, 2007
      Brooksie was unofficially blacklisted from Hollywood, beginning in
      1928, when Ben Schulberg, the man who discovered Clara Bow, tried to
      negociate a pay increase right in the middle of her five-year
      contract to Paramount Pictures. According to Brooksie herself, she
      basically told Paramount to stuff it, because she was being given
      routine programmers to do, and, the studio simply just didn't know
      what to do with her because fitted no category at all.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, SMILEYJEN1@...
      wrote:

      > First of all, congrats on seeing a more obscure Brooksie title.
      *smiles*

      > Was that the movie where she felt dragged through the mud because
      she
      > refused to sleep with the star? I'm recalling her saying Frank Fay
      took
      > her on a trip to hell...
      >
      > In general, Hollywood was seeking retribution, and found ways to do
      it at
      > every turn.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Jennifer ^_^