1078Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Psychological Profile?

    May 12, 2007
      Brooksie was trying to protect herself from what others said about
      her. She never did trust people whom she met and later talked trash
      about her. Brooksie was one tough egg to crack, that's for sure.

      -Dario.

      --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "Anita M."
      <Woodsy@...> wrote:

      > Now I'm confused.
      >
      > Chuck said "She said several times that one of the reasons she
      > wouldn't publish her biography was that to do it properly would
      mean
      > spilling all the sexual beans and that she had concerns about what
      > this could potentially do to influence young girls. She admitted
      > her priest in the mid-50s that when she read about drinking she
      > wanted a drink and when she read about sex she got excited. So she
      > opted not to publish her memoirs out of concern for impressionable
      > young women."
      >
      > But then, some people say one thing one day and the opposite
      another
      > day - maybe a way to hold onto a little privacy.
      >
      > Anita M.
      >

      > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, olive_e_thomas
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I doubt that Louise had much concern for ruining the morals of
      > > children (she seemed more from the WC Fields school of
      > > child-care in that respect). My guess is - assuming she really
      > > ever wrote a full memoir - she just didn't like the snot-nosed
      > little
      > > brat she came off sounding like in print and opted for a more
      > > selective approach. Or the final result just looks like crap and
      it
      > > was easier to torch than try and rewrite...
      > >
      > > It could also be that she opted for little set pieces instead of
      > one
      > > whole go so that she could improve her writing skills as she
      > > went.
      > >
      > > But "social responsibilty" and "Louise Brooks" are two sets of
      > > words that just don't seem to go together...
      > >
      > > --- In thenewcovenoflouisebrooks@yahoogroups.com, "Anita M"
      > > <Woodsy@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > IMO she was being socially responsible; particularly in
      respect
      > > to underage
      > > > girls, who (judging from my own experience) are
      > > impressionable and most
      > > > likely to seek out those kinds of stories. At that point in my
      > life,
      > > illegal
      > > > drug use and being an underachiever was glorified. I knew
      > > people who bought
      > > > into that and regretted it later. Instead of writing about her
      > > adventures
      > > > and saying at the end "don't do what I did," (which seldom
      > > carries any
      > > > weight if ever) she chose not to tell at all.
      > > >

      > > > Whether it mattered to her or not Brooksie knew that in her
      day
      > > "spilling
      > > > the sexual beans" could ruin a career; today it enhances it.
      (If