1065Re: [The New Coven of Louise Brooks] Psychological Profile?

  • Perri Lee
    May 6, 2007
      I have to add one more thing to all of this. I think she did not want to publish her own bio or let anyone else do it because of all the escapades she was involved in aka party girl. I think this was also mixed with the twisted religious beliefs of her region and her day. Perri Lee

      Chuck Golden <bagnoli2@...> wrote: I think you've hit on one of THE major aspects of her personality. All
      through the Paris bio, especially towards the end, it's evident that
      she had to be in control - not so much in control of the people but in
      control of the situation. Ken Tynan wrote the blockbuster piece "The
      Girl in the Black Helmet" for the New Yorker which shot her back to the
      top of the public consciousness. Not long afterwards, she got word
      from him that he'd been out on the West Coast discussing (without her
      knowing it) a bio-pic with a major Hollywood director. She went
      ballistic, refused any thought of letting the film be done (despite the
      increased fame and money), and cut Ken Tynan off forever. She
      excoriated him for having the temerity of discussing a project that
      involved her behind her back. The evident botton line is that she
      wouldn't agree to putting herself and her story in a situation where
      she couldn't be 100% in control of it.

      Now, as to why she was so much that way... any psycologists out there?
      Certainly, she was her mother's daughter and the apple seldom falls far
      from the tree. But she was far too complex for it to be something as
      simple as that.

      > The way I look at it she was more concerned about the loss of
      > personal control. Like if Oprah had tried to put her book in her
      > book club Louise would likely refuse on the grounds any
      > success would "belong" to Oprah and not to her...

      Perri Lee Leuthard