note to Wisehands

  • keezerg
    Message 1 of 1 , May 8, 2002
      Dear Linda,

      I've been thinking about you lately and heard from Myrissa (aka
      "Hulapie") that you've been unwell. I never thanked you properly for
      your insights and thoughtful answers to my "woobies" post last fall,
      but it's a letter I keep going back to a reading over again and
      again. I think I've had a bit more success with my private students
      (all two of them) and I find myself quite spontaneously teaching from
      a body-oriented perspective, inviting the student to explore how the
      sounds and musical choices he makes actually FEELS, and where does he
      feel it, to complement the more usual intellectual approach to piano
      playing. Anyway you have been a big help, and I'm also getting a lot
      out of watching Myrissa teach from time to time.
      so I'm sending you lots of healing energy, and prayers out to the
      universe.

      love, "boylina"

      ps. my main woobie, a stuffed otter named Penny, has been acting
      rather surly of late and Riss even accused the animal of GLARING at
      her. So she has now been transferred to my closet and is ferociously
      guarding my socks.