Re: [The Mischke Broadcast] This & That

  • Josh Krook
    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 5, 2009
      I haven't heard the Mischke interent show yet.  Kinda hard to do when I'm working.  I don't have a iPod to upload it too.  I guess the only way to get my Mischke kick is on www.mischkemadness.com.  I was listening to it the other day.

      I miss the ol' Mischke broadcast on the radio.  I was kinda hoping "CCO would pick him up.  Then again, they have 20 minutes of ads, and another 10 minutes of news every hour, so Mischke's style of radio might not work for them.  Not sure if public radio would work either.  Oh well.  Guess I'll have to break down and get a iPod someday.

      That was Johnny Heidt and his band playing music, and the Rookie was singing "Corndog Blues".

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 5, 2009
        I dunno he seems happy on the City Pages show. He sings songs and cuts
        up like always. I'm glad we can hear him at all. :-)
      • Daniel Auger
        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 5, 2009
          The show is definitely benefiting from the freedom he has without FCC
          regulation. It would be great if they'd simulcast it on satellite radio.

        • swimm88634@aol.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 5, 2009
            Oh that's right, sorry, I always get John Heidt and Bob Berglund mixed up
            :)

            ____________ _________ _________ __
[...]

            steps!
            (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222846709x1201493018/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&b
            cd=JulystepsfooterNO115)

          • codeblue_lol
            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 5, 2009
              The am1500 is NEVER on in this house and will never be welcomed unless something changes and I mean CHANGES in bold.

              My radio preferences have changed. At 9:00 PM I listen to "The Story" with Dick Gordon - call letters 91.01 FM. And week day mornings I listen to Ian & Margery, call letters FM107.01. From 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM I listen to Jason Matheson & Alexis [FM 107.1. On ocassion I listen to Colleen & the boys. For me am radio is DEAD as is most of FM radio. As for Mischke, he probably prefers doing the stream where he isn't confined. As far as I know, there's no one out there like Mischke and I truly hope he's as happy as he appears to be.

              What's everyone been else listening to?

              swimm88634 wrote... That's funny, I was just thinking of Mischke this afternoon on the way home and wondering how he's doing. I refuse to listen to KSTP anymore but heard the last half hour of GL from the fair. I don't know who was singing the blues song with Bob Berglund and his friends playing music, but it reminded me of the hilarious stuff Tommy used to do at the fair (when he didn't even want to go!!!)

              Julie

              codeblue wrote...

              Not much posted here these days. Mischke's doing his stream machine, the am1500 tossed their talk_forum_for_bullies but only after Steve Konrad the butt ugly weasel became weary of being attacked non stop.

              The spam posted here doesn't come in a can and the can is filled with people who ingest an abundance of liquidity and bullshit.

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 5, 2009
                I can relate to 1500 never being on!!! I usually only have it on when I
                go to bed, with Al Malmborg (sp), for about the 5-10 minutes til I fall
                asleep. Now mostly I listen to CDs or even CCO, but there's nothing on 1500 I
                can tolerate anymore.

                In a message dated 9/5/2009 9:00:55 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[...]

              • hungryarrows
                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 9, 2009
                  Deleted my first reply in case you're seeing this and experiencing deja vu. It was rushed and weird..anyway.

                  Tom has a site all his own now at www.tdmischke.com

                  Why go there when this works fine?

                  Carrie is a friend to Tom and fan to the show to set up and run this fan group. Though she's assured me otherwise, it feels like I'm doing something questionable by using this system to ask you to go to another.

                  Thing is though, when we post here we're primarily benefiting advertisers on Yahoo. By using his site we create traffic he can show to his advertisers. That's what keeps the show around for us to hear. Not a pretty sentiment, but stuff costs money.

                  On the upside, www.tdmischke.com is a fan creation too. There are ads, big ones even, but they're out of the way of the content. The site's been designed to be friendly to the user and give you things you'd be interested in. If it's not, that can be changed easily enough. And features that benefit listeners can be added at your request. Your ideas/complaints aren't going to some clogged mailbox in a land most people can't find on a map (wait, Nebraska...that may or may not be true). Point is they're going to some guy who enjoys the same show you do.

                  Right now you might not see many familiar faces on the forum. It takes time for people to find and use new things. Carrie and Derek Larson are both mods there and I'm relying on their views.

                  Idea from the start was to create one easy to find place for fans to get the show and interact. Ok, enough of a pitch. What it sounds like, eh? Guess it was.

                  BTW no, I don't listen to KSTP anymore either. Though I'm glad their signal carried in the night, that's how I came to enjoy the Black Sheep Broadcast in the first place. Fond memories of a simpler time, but this podcast stuff ain't half bad either.

                  --Nomad
                  (the guy who did the unofficial podcast for awhile back in March)