Magic Network

  • magic_moderator <magic_moderator@yahoo.c
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2003
      Dear all,

      this list has been very quiet for a while...

      Time to make it work a bit more now. What we could start with is
      short introductions of the new list members - you know who you are,
      but we don't. Please let us all know who you are, where you are from
      and what kind of projects you work on.

      In addition to that, I would like to know from all of you what kind
      of information/articles/requests you would like to see and how much
      of it you want or need on the list.

      Please reply directly to the list (themagic_network@yahoogroups.com)
      with instuctions and off-list to me directly
      (magic_moderator@...) with wish-lists, suggestions and
      requests.

      Thank you,

      Chris
      (themagic_network-Moderator)
    • Mike Jempson
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2003
        Have any of you seen this
        http://www.letterboxlibrary.com/acatalog/index.html
        A fantastic idea set up nearly 20 years ago, and a great commercial success
        despite those who thought that there was no market in promoting diversity.

        Maybe this should be linked to the MAGIC site

        Mike Jempson
        PressWise

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26, 2003
          Dear all,
          Non-government organisation Alter is known institution in fields of human right protection, specially in protection of womens and childrens right's and non-formal education.
          We exist since 1998. That's much if we considere that in Bosnia nad Herzegovina wasn't NGO's before and during the period of civil war. Formally, I'm NGO Alter's, coordinator.
          Our membership status in The Magic Network indicates our wish for an information exchange. Also, we would like to help in what ever matter located in Bosnia and Herzegovina, surrounding countries, Balkan or south-east Europe.
          Our long-term aim is establishing a safe house, shelter for deputised women's and children's. Providing us with some relevant information would help us a lot. At the moment, we don't know to whom we should apply for suport and cet. Also, we have established Center for non-formal education. So far we have educated more than 2000 young-ones in different categories (journalist's, media technician's, PR and CR officers, IT's, administartors and cet) in variety of levels up to trainers status. At the moment we are training 120 youth ones for media professions such as: journalist in printed medias, radio journalist, TV journalist, sound technician, editing technician, camera-man, photograph, IT and cet. Project is supported by Agency DEZA, Swiis government's department for cooperation.
          Feel free to ask whatever you want. Also, just to remind you, if you have some informations relevant for protection of women and children right's please send them to us. We will be more than gratefull.
          Sincerely yours
          Nemanja Dujic
          NGO Alter's, coordinator