PUBLICATIONS: News on Children, Youth and Media in the World No. 2, 2012

  • YPMN
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2013
      News on Children, Youth and Media in the World No. 2, 2012, from the
      International Clearinghouse on Children, Youth and Media is now
      available on our web site: http://www.nordicom.gu.se/clearinghouse.php
      Apologies for the delay.

      In this issue we present articles about e.g. a study on the TV coverage
      of the earthquake in Chile 2010, media education to promote youth civic
      engagement in the favelas of Rio, developments in video game
      classification in Australia, and more. We are also grateful to the two
      student reporters of children's newspaper The Peace Gong for their
      contribution on how peace and non-violence can be promoted through
      children's media platforms. Recent reports are also presented as well as
      news briefs on current conferences. It is our hope that the newsletter
      will offer interesting reading!

      The Clearinghouse would like to warmly thank all the contributors to
      this newsletter - your cooperation is much appreciated! We look forward
      to receive contributions or other input to coming issues - brief notices
      and articles (about 800-900 words), tips and reports about conferences
      and literature etc. regarding children, youth and media. Issue no. 1,
      2013 will be published in May/June and deadline for contributions is
      April 15.