ARTICLES: Television is not to blam e for children’s lack of education

  • YPMN
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2011
      Television is one of the most effective mediums through which to teach and inspire youngsters, writes Paul Robinson.

      Neil Wilson, executive head teacher of a group of schools in South Manchester, is wrong when he blames television for children’s lack of education and communication. In fact, provided children are watching suitable programming, television is one of the most effective mediums through which to teach and inspire youngsters. We need to start speaking to children on their level, which means embracing technologies such as interactive TV and the internet to get them interested. We can learn a lot from innovators such as the Essa Academy, the learning centre in Great Lever that has started giving advice to Eton College. They provide iPods to motivate and empower pupils. It is time we followed their lead, and realised the potential of technology.

      full article