MALARIA AND ROAD SAFETY CHILDREN FILM

  • martins akpan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010

       TEENS resource centre in collaboration with whiteplains british school Abuja is organizing a 2 week summer film booth camp in Nigeria, pupils and students will be exposed to media literacy and short film production on road safety/malaria awareness, a total of 100 Nigerian youths will be involved, commencement date july 26th. interested organisation, media educators that are interested in working and supporting this project with useful advice, materials and training skills, should contact martins akpan on teensresourcecentre@... or teensworldtv@...

      full article

    • Irving Rother
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
        Hello,

        How are you? Your project sounds very exciting. You must be proud. I am anxious to hear of the results.

        I still hope that one day the resources will be available that will support my returning to Nigeria. I am going to be in Kenya from July 23 to August 22.

        Best regards,

        Irving (Lee) Rother, PhD
        Tel: 450-621-7470 ext: 8352 (work)
        Tel: 450-508-9563 (Home)
        Cell: 514-222-0419

        'Some people see things as they are and ask why. I dream of things that never were and ask why not?' Robert F Kennedy
        'If you dream it, you can do it'. Walt Disney
        'The future is in the hands of those who give future generations valid reason to live and hope'. Teilhard de Chardin
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2010
          Hello again,

          I suggest that you google media literacy activities and health education. You will find many documents that may assist you. For example:
          http://www.mediastudies.rutgers.edu/mh_conference/conf7012.pdf

          Also, check the Media Literacy Clearing House operated by Frank Baker.

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2010
            regards
            thanks for your email and advice, i am planing to be in kenya also, i will brief you soon
            martins akpan