EVENTS: NAMLE conference 2009
- The NAMLE conference - a learning experience!
Early Bird Registration Ends July 10
NAMLE Conference, 3300 Washtenaw Avenue, Suite 220 Ann Arbor MI 48104The 2009 NAMLE Conference program includes three renowned keynote speakers you will not want to miss:
Henry Jenkins interviews Sonia Livingstone about her new book at
- Sonia Livingstone, from the London School of Economics, will discuss the creativity and chaos in using the internet as an educational tool.
- Chris Sperry, from Project Look Sharp, will examine the essential place of media literacy in the mainstream curriculum.
- McCrae Parker, from Youth Radio, will explore how the intersection of news and information literacy, social media, and youth enthusiasm gives rise to vibrant civic participation online and in physical communities.
Experienced Media Educators will also address diverse and engaging issues and practices in media literacy education. Sharing their innovative ideas and practical experience are experts such as:
- Bobbie Eisenstock, presenting "You Are What You Post: Media Literacy Strategies and Your Net Reputation"
- Rose Pacatte, with a presentation on "Bridging Faith and Culture through Media Literacy"
- Melinda Hemmelgarn, on "Feast or Famine: Media Literacy as Catalyst for Sustainability"
- Sox Sperry, talking about "Media Construction of Peace"
Remember - this year's conference has plenty to offer before Saturday's opening reception. Among the mix of fee-based pre-conference sessions and regular sessions that day will be a presentation on a hot topic in media literacy education today:
"Why Media Literacy Educators Must Teach about Copyright and Fair Use"
This pre-conference session with Renee Hobbs will clear away any "copyright confusion" you have about the use of copyrighted materials for media literacy education. You'll gain the knowledge you need- plus practical, fun activities that will help you offer enlightened copyright education to both students and teachers.
Find out about all the sessions and presenters, Motown Monday Night, the Leadership Dinner, book signings and more at www.NAMLE.net.
Don't miss the Early Bird deadline! Register online at www.NAMLE.net.
See you in Detroit!
Phone: 734-677-0503 - Web site: www.namle.net