'Our Voice': UNICEF and Lebanon TV launch youth-produced s eries

  • Young People's Media Network
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2006
      'Our Voice': UNICEF and Lebanon TV launch youth-produced series
      By Serene Assir and Sabine Dolan

      Each December, UNICEF's International Children's Day of Broadcasting involves young people worldwide in media programming and production, giving them a chance to express their opinions on major issues and develop new skills. Here is one in a series of stories about youth media.

      NEW YORK, USA, 1 December 2006 - The Lebanese Broadcasting Corporation (LBC) and UNICEF are showcasing the viewpoints of the country's million-strong youth audience with a new television series called 'Sawtna', which means 'Our Voice'.

      'Sawtna' is a one-of-a-kind initiative in the Middle East. Launched on 8 November, the programme features 8- to 10-minute documentaries that address issues affecting young people in the context of the country's complex social, political and economic climate.

      What makes this show special is that it is created by a team of producers between the ages of 15 and 21.

      FULL ARTICLE AND VIDEO AT http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/lebanon_37205.html

      Chris Schuepp
      Young People's Media Network - Coordinator

      Youth Media Consulting GbR
      c/o ECMC (European Centre for Media Competence)
      Bergstr. 8 / 11th floor
      D-45770 Marl - Germany

      Tel./Fax: +49 2365 502480
      Mobile: +49 176 23107083
      Email: cschuepp@...

      The YPMN is supported by UNICEF and hosted by the ECMC.

      The opinions and views expressed in this message and/or articles & websites linked to from this message do not necessarily reflect the views of the United Nations or its agencies.