Student filmmakers from India, China and France Wanted

  • Evelyn Seubert
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2006
      We are looking for media schools or organizations in France, China, and India who are interested in sending delegates to an international teen summit this summer! Please read below, and if you qualify and are interested, respond to evelyn.seubert@... for further instructions.

      V7 - SEVEN VOICES IN TIME

      In the summer of 2006, 80 teenagers from around the world will meet and learn how to use their energy, and the power of media, to change the world. We are hoping your school will apply to join us.

      V7 is a yearly international teen summit that centers on the seven issues chosen by teens that will have the most impact on their future. 40 teen filmmakers and 40 teen diplomats from around the world gather to plan how to motivate others in their generation to take action on these issues to shape the future. By uniting, they give power to the voices of all teens.

      V7 culminates in an hour long television special where the teen filmmakers present seven public service announcements that move the world to listen; and the teen diplomats present seven resolutions for action that will be given to the United Nations and their home governments. Teens, and people of all ages, will be inspired to join in creating a healthier, more just and peaceful world community.

      V7 Seven Voices In Time, the first of these yearly summits, will be held from July 21 to July 30, 2006, in Los Angeles.

      We are looking for 40 schools or community organizations, which will represent 40 countries. Each will bring one teen filmmaker, one teen diplomat, and an advisor. The V7 sponsors will pay all expenses of travel, food and lodging; there will be no cost to the delegates.

      At present, we have no delegates from France, India or China. These are the only countries we are still accepting applications from. Please see our website, www.sevenvoices.org and contact Evelyn Seubert at evelyn.seubert@... if you are interested.

      We look forward to hearing from you!