youth media benefits

  • irving.rother@staff.mcgill.ca
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hello,

      I am writing a paper about youth media for an up coming conference. I know
      there is quite a bit in the literature on this topic, but I would like to
      include quotes by individuals working with youth and media as to:

      - the benefits of youth media
      - examples of the imapct of youth media on youth
      - personal experiences of working with youth media, including such things as
      its impact on you personally
      - comments by children and youth with who you work
      - etc.

      I will not include names of contributers if so wished. I appreciate your
      assistance. THANK YOU.

      Lee Rother, Ph.D.
    • limpo chinika
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2005
        Hello,
        My name is Limpo N. Chinika, 20, working with Youth Media an NGO in Lusaka Zambia.
        1) the benefits of youth media are plenty fold. we are in the age of ICT'S and IEC's and what better way of talking and creating a platform for young people and adolescents alike to have their views and opinions heard and recognised.
        2) Personally i have grown a stronger female and do not feel intimidated by others. I have come to know my strong and weak points as well. that is what actually makes you successful when you admit your faults and mistakes, as difficult as it may seem.....

        All the best in your paper.
        Limpo N. Chinika

        irving.rother@... wrote:
        Hello,

        I am writing a paper about youth media for an up coming conference. I know
        there is quite a bit in the literature on this topic, but I would like to
        include quotes by individuals working with youth and media as to:

        - the benefits of youth media
        - examples of the imapct of youth media on youth
        - personal experiences of working with youth media, including such things as
        its impact on you personally
        - comments by children and youth with who you work
        - etc.

        I will not include names of contributers if so wished. I appreciate your
        assistance. THANK YOU.

        Lee Rother, Ph.D.

        Issue management Money issue Cause rheumatoid arthritis Cause of hair loss Causes of joint pain Cause of teen depression

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2005
          Hello,

          THANK YOU. Your comments are great.

          lee

        • jselendy@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 23, 2005
            From:
            Janine M. H. Selendy
            Chairman and President
            Horizon International
            Yale University

            Dear Professor Rother,

            I will be pleased to relate Horizon International's experiences if
            you provide me with your deadline and an idea of how extensive the answers
            need to be.

            Cheers,
            Janine Selendy

            In a message dated 10/1/2005 8:15:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            irving.rother@... writes:

            Hello,

            I am writing a paper about youth media for an up coming conference. I know
            there is quite a bit in the literature on this topic, but I would like to
            include quotes by individuals working with youth and media as to:

            - the benefits of youth media
            - examples of the imapct of youth media on youth
            - personal experiences of working with youth media, including such things as
            its impact on you personally
            - comments by children and youth with who you work
            - etc.

            I will not include names of contributers if so wished. I appreciate your
            assistance. THANK YOU.

            Lee Rother, Ph.D.

            Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
            _Click Here!_ (http://us.click.yahoo.com/ons1pC/lbOLAA/E2hLAA/WfTolB/TM)

            Janine M. H. Selendy
            Chairman and President
            Horizon International
            Yale University
            Dept. of Biology, P. O. Box 208103
            New Haven, CT 06520-8103
            USA
            Tel: 203-432-6266
            Selendy Direct: Cell Tel: 914-329-1323
            Fax: 914-669-5298
            janine@...

            Horizon International, http://www.yale.edu/horizon,
            a charitable volunteer institution based at Yale University, encourages and
            develops solutions to health, environment, population and development
            problems and makes generally available the knowledge of these solutions with the
            help of hundreds of cooperating organizations, a Scientific Review Board and
            Special Advisors, Associates (volunteers, interns, research fellows) , and
            media, such as television and the Internet.

            Horizon Solutions Site, http://www.solutions-site.org, a collaborative
            effort of Horizon with UNDP, UNEP, UNFPA, Unicef, the International Development
            Research Centre, Yale University and colleagues at Harvard University, presents
            readily accessible peer-reviewed answers to problems in environment, health,
            population and development, articles and exhibits.

            Horizon Solutions Site for Kids of All Ages:
            http://www.solutions-site.org/kids, is an engaging, interactive, multimedia feature.