The Mack and the Mack jr's club

  • themackko
    Message 1 of 24 , May 30, 2001
      Welcome to the Yahoo! Message Board for The Mack and the Mack jr's club
    • themackko
      Message 2 of 24 , Jun 8, 2001
        Sorry to all who visit this club that things haven't been posted but I am on vacation and will be upgrading everything as soon as I return home from vaction.<br><br>The Mack
      • themackko
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 2, 2001
        • themackko
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 22, 2001
            I will be posting all the kids stats that I have
            tonight and adding a few new pics of the kids. Hope
            everyone enjoys this and feel free to post a message or
            even a short story pertaining to wrestling. Hey isn't
            Mack
          • themackko
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 22, 2001
              Kaelab started wrestling at 5 yars old so these
              stats go way back and yes I keep a very accurate record
              of everything.<br><br>1994-1995 wrestling
              3 losses by decision<br><br>1995-1996 wrestling
              losses by decision<br><br>1996-1997 wrestling
              losses by decision<br><br>1997-1998 wrestling
              loss to pin<br><br>This was the year of Kaelab's first
              National competetion he became the youngest wrestler from
              the Upper Penninsula of Michigan to ever make it to a
              nationals team he was just 8 years old.<br><br>1998-1999
              wrestling season:<br> 62 wins 5 losses <br> 56 by pin 6 by
              Kaelab's first International competetion. Countries
              included in this were Russia, China, Japan, Turkey, Iran,
              Iraq, and Germany along with the United
              States.<br><br>His international ranking was first place in the
              52 wins 3 losses<br> 50 by pin 2 by decision<br> 2
              year was the year that Kaelab was elected as an
              ambassador to the United States for
              wrestling.<br><br>Regrettable Kaelab did not wrestle the 2000-2001 wrestling
              season because of an injury he received at competetion,
              3 twisted vertabrae's, but he will be back for the
              2001-2002 wrestling year
            • themackko
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 25, 2001
                Brenda's wrestling stats:<br><br>1998-1999
                pins 3 wins by decision<br>4 losses : 2 by pin 2 by
                decision<br><br>The losses brenda sustained this year were of two
                factors one because Dawlton missed a tournament and the
                other to a boy named Cameron from another rival town.
                She'll get him next year though watch and see. ( see the
                story of Dawlton's bloody battle with this boy Cameron
                )
              • themackko
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 25, 2001
                  These are Dawlton's wrestling stats as she has
                  only just begun in the last 2 years.<br><br>1999-2000
                  pin 2 by decision<br><br>The six losses Dawlton has
                  sustained this year were to only one boy named Cameron from
                  a rival town. They ended up being matched up just
                  about every tournament we went to with the exception of
                  one and Brenda had to contend with him that time.
                • themackko
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 25, 2001
                    Three new pics added to Brenda's album.
                  • themackko
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 5, 2001
                      AAU <br>Middle School Nationals<br>March 9-11th
                      Virginia Beach, VA<br>(Folkstyle 5-8th Grades)<br>Contact
                      Frank Lipoli at (757) 436-7629 <br>Flipoli@...
                      Nationalae<br>March 16-17th Kingsport, TN<br>(Women's Folkstyle,
                      Freestyle and Greco-Roman, all ages)<br>Contact Rob Cole at
                      Scholastic Challenge<br>March 23-24th Wilkes-Barre,
                      PA<br>(Folkstyle, 9th, 10th , and 11th Grades)<br>Contact Owen J.
                      Costello at (570)
                      TN<br>(Folkstyle Teams, 1st � 5th Grades)<br>Contact Darrell
                      Lauderdale at (865) 573-8220 (H)<br><br>Elementary
                      Nationals<br>March 30-April 1st Raleigh, NC<br>(Folkstyle, K-5th
                      Grades)<br>Contact Chuck Smith at<br>(910) 423-5481 or (910)
                      443-2407 or<br>Stan Chambers at (919)
                      VA<br>(Senior, Espoir, Masters)<br>Contact Vic Morales at (703)
                      IA<br>(Folkstyle Teams, 6-8th Grades)<br>Contact Wes Creason at
                      (515) 961-9510
                      Silverdome � Pontiac, MI<br>(Folkstyle, all ages)<br>Contact
                      Warren Wilson at (810) 775-5244 (H); <br>(810) 772-3753
                      (F) RWW1346@...<br><br>The Tournament of
                      Champions<br>April 21st Columbus, OH<br>(Folkstyle, K-12th
                      World Championships<br>May 25-27th Tulsa,
                      OK<br>(Folkstyle, Freestyle and Greco-Roman, all ages)<br>Contact
                      Jack Roller at (918) 366-4411;<br>(918) 366-4412
                      World, FL<br>(Folkstyle Teams, 8th-12th
                      Nationals<br>July 4-7th Albuquerque, NM<br>(Sombo, Greco-Roman,
                      Freestyle, all ages)<br>Contact Mike Lujan at (505) 867-2360
                      Virginia Beach, VA<br>(Freestyle Teams, 8-12th
                      Tournament of Champions<br>Nov 11th Pataskela,
                      OH<br>(Forlstyle, K-12th Grades)<br>Contact Bart Freidenberg at
                      can be obtained by calling the tournament director or
                      online at www.aausport.org (click Member Sports, click
                      Wrestling and then click National Tournaments). Any
                      specific questions about these events not covered in the
                      brochure must be directed to the tournament director.
                    • themackko
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 5, 2001
                        2002 Tournaments below:<br>not updated
                        to be set by May, 1, 2001) 2002, (Saturday & Sunday)
                        everyone - no qualifier). 4 Divisions:<br>Elementary
                        School Age Division for grades K-1-2-3-4-5.<br>Middle
                        School Age Division for grades 6-7-8<br>High School Age
                        Division for grades 9-10-11-12<br>Collegiate Women's Open
                        Division - See below.<br><br>WEIGHT CLASSES for HS
                        Division:
                        USWWA (United States Women's Wrestling Association)
                        Collegiate Folkstyle National Championships, March , 2002
                        (Saturday & Sunday), Lake Orion High School, Lake Orion,
                        Michigan<br>Open to any female who is age 18 or over. Need not be
                        a <br>College student. Only college students will
                        score team <br>points. Each college can score with a
                        maximum 10 <br>wrestlers. Trophies to TOP 3
                        Championships, Feb. , 2002 <br>Wisconsin<br>3rd Annual USGWA
                        Wisconsin State Championships, February, 2002. <br>South
                        Carolina<br>2nd Annual USGWA South Carolina State Championships,
                        March, 2002 <br>Illinois<br>2nd Annual USGWA Illinois
                        State Championships, March 2002 <br>Iowa<br>2nd Annual
                        USGWA Iowa State Championships, March 2002.
                        2002 <br>Missouri<br>2nd Annual USGWA Missori State
                        Championships, March , 2002 <br>New York<br>2nd Annual USGWA New
                        York State Championships, March , 2002
                        2002 <br>Virginia<br>3rd Annual USGWA Virginia State
                        Championships, March , 2002 <br>Ohio<br>4th Annual USGWA Ohio
                        State Championships, March , 2002 <br>California<br>3rd
                        Annual USGWA California State Invitational OPEN, March ,
                        2002 <br>Michigan<br>6th Annual USGWA Michigan State
                        Championships, March , 2002 <br>Pennsylvania<br>3rd Annual USGWA
                        Pennsylvania State Championships, March , 2002<br>Minnesota
                        , 2002 <br> <br>further dates will be posted
                      • mattdog_ec
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 9, 2001
                          Hello, Macko and friends,<br><br>I'm a new member
                          from Knoxville, Tn, and find your club here very
                          interesting. The idea of inter-gender competition in any sport
                          has always fascinated me, and over the years I have
                          had many defeats and victories in various events
                          against girls and women, mainly in tennis and running.
                          female opponents. Do you have any ideas for how I can
                          get started? Do you know of any clubs or leagues in
                          east Tennessee? I realize that there are women that I
                          could pay to have a match with...but I am more
                          interested in a non-sexual competition with a woman who
                          truly wants to wrestle, and who is capable of winning,
                          for her own reasons, not to simply cater to my
                          desires. I don't have a chip on my shoulder (I certainly
                          don't want to injure anybody or be injured!)--just want
                          to have a fun, competitve match. And if I lose,
                          that's great!<br><br>Thanks for any ideas you have. By
                          the way, have you wrestled men before? If so, how has
                          it gone? Incidentally, I am 5'10", 160 pounds, and
                          keep in shape through running, biking, and
                        • themackko
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 10, 2001
                            First let me say welcome to all new members, as
                            to your question on if I had to wrestle men, of
                            course I have. The AAU doesn't segregate the men from
                            the women everyone is there as a wrestler. The only
                            times I wrestle other women is at womens only
                            tournaments. As for how it has gone my record stands for
                            itself...124 wins and 6 losses.<br><br>If you are looking for
                            a club to join or to workout with my suggestion to
                            you is to contact the local AAU office in Tennesse
                            and they can tell you of the listed clubs with them
                            that you might be able to join. <br><br>Please
                            remember that this club is a competetive based site for
                            the true competitor with no other motives, and I do
                            not sanction a so-called get together wrestling
                            matches that you have mentioned. I believe in the true
                            word of competetion and believe that it should be at
                            sanctioned tournaments and not in backyards or for any other
                            inappropriate activity. <br><br>Debbey aka The Mack
                          • the_mysterytrain
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 10, 2001
                              Hello Mattdog<br><br>Let me first say that I
                              think you're an excellent writer--good grammar, good
                              style, and you get your point across succinctly. There
                              are, however, a couple of areas where I'm somewhat
                              perplexed by the ideas you were trying to convey. Please
                              clarify so that I may better understand.<br><br>I noticed
                              that while discussing your fondness for mixed-gender
                              competition, you mentioned several sports; e.g., running,
                              tennis, etc. Is it the unique thrill of participating in
                              these sports that resulted in your mixed-gender
                              competitions, or, is it your fondness for mixed-gender
                              competition that got you interested in those
                              sports?<br><br>You had also mentioned wrestling with adult female
                              opponents. What is your wrestling background? I may be
                              wrong, but with wrestling you have to wrestle the people
                              you are matched against, whether they be male or
                              female. There is no organized group that permits men to
                              wrestle ONLY women, and vice-versa. Does your interest in
                              wrestling with female opponents stem from an interest in
                              wrestling itself, or, does your interest in the sport of
                              wrestling stem from the notion that you might get to
                              wrestle a female?<br><br>You mentioned something about
                              competitive matches; however, you went on to say that if you
                              lose, it's "great." If you are a competitor, how can
                              you say that it's "great" to lose?? Or, is this only
                              applicable when you are competing against females? If the
                              latter is the case, then what type of non-sexual thrill
                              do you get from being manhandled by a
                              female?<br><br>Thanks again for your well-written post! Please clarify.
                              Thanks!
                            • mattdog_ec
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 10, 2001
                                Dear Debbey, Thank you for clarifying the purpose
                                of this club. I apologize for taking an
                                inappropriate angle. Your suggestion about contacting the local
                                AAU office is excellent, and I will follow up on
                                that. Thanks! <br><br>Also, I commend you on your
                                amazing record. Congratulations!<br>Matt-dog
                              • mattdog_ec
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 10, 2001
                                  Dear Mysterytrain,<br>Are you a professor of
                                  English? Thank you for the compliments about my writing.
                                  Certainly your prose is nifty, too!<br><br>Anyhoo, I
                                  realize now (with your help and that of The Mack) the
                                  confusion my post probably generated. I came to this club
                                  from a link from another club called
                                  "GuysWhoHaveLosttoGirls" (or something like that) and apparently I still
                                  had the intergender combat focus in mind. For that, I
                                  apologize. It wasn't too cool of me to introduce that issue
                                  here.<br><br>Nevertheless, since you asked, I hope it is OK if I do attempt
                                  to clarify myself. Some of the ambiguity probably
                                  stems from my not having fully articulated my feelings
                                  for myself. Trying to write this response has forced
                                  me to think things out more fully!<br><br>To answer
                                  one of your questions, I have indeed participated in
                                  various sports against men much more than against women.
                                  I was focusing on the intergender thing because
                                  that was what was on my brain. That is not to say,
                                  though, that there isn't some sort of unique thrill in
                                  competing with/against a woman. Perhaps it has something to
                                  do with my fascination with gender roles and,
                                  specifically, women who defy them. Strong, independent,
                                  assertive women (regardless of their athletic prowess) go
                                  against the grain of "traditional" expectations in our
                                  culture...and that's so cool!<br><br>I have always enjoyed
                                  wrestling, whether with my brother when growing up or on the
                                  high school wrestling team. (I was a mediocre high
                                  school wrestler at best, by the way.) The chance to test
                                  myself physically is always invigorating. Would this
                                  competition be different with a woman? Yes, I think so...men
                                  often get unhealthily competitive: they focus more on
                                  the other person's losing than on their own success.
                                  Women often (not always) seem to be better able to
                                  strive to do their best, trying their hardest to win,
                                  without being tempted to short-circuit the process, or to
                                  completely lose their temper if they lose. (I hate to use
                                  generalizations, and I recognize that these stereotypes don't
                                  always hold.) Then again, maybe I just like the idea of
                                  wrestling women because (in general) I find women more
                                  interesting and complex than men. (Perhaps I think I
                                  understand men because I am one.)<br><br>How can I say it's
                                  great to lose? Well, it's great to get sweaty and
                                  tired, to exert myself, to give something my whole
                                  effort...and if I still lose, I know that I was challenged.
                                  her board. If anyone would like to continue this
                                  discussion, feel free to email me at mattdog_ec@.... I
                                  always enjoy discussing sports, gender roles,
                                  philosophy, literature...
                                • themackko
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 10, 2001
                                    Just a few quick responses to your post...Women
                                    can lose it just as bad as the men when it comes to
                                    any competetive sport and I have met a few that have
                                    tried to walk around the bounds of the rules just like
                                    a guy does too. I think that is just a bad side of
                                    human nature. There are boundaries in every society,
                                    every nation, every sport, etc. it is the matter of
                                    free will that people exert to cross over those
                                    boundaries.<br><br>I don't know about anyone else but my idea of a
                                    competetion is this... I go there to win not to lose and if I
                                    lose then I just didn't think fast enough, move fast
                                    enough, want it bad enough or trained hard enough. Lets
                                    face it a second place winner is just the first person
                                    in a long line of losers. I don't want to be a
                                    loser. I work hard at the mental aspect to remember
                                    that. Granted there comes a place and time that
                                    everyone takes a loss once in awhile and that is a big
                                    blow to the mental thought process of anyone be it a
                                    man, woman,or child.<br><br>Debbey aka The Mack
                                  • themackko
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Oct 12, 2001
                                      I wrestle.<br>Not simply with my opponent.<br>I
                                      wrestle with demons of doubt.<br>With my past
                                      anonymity.<br>With that unrelenting voice that tells me to
                                      stop.<br>But I am a wrestler.<br>And one thing will always be
                                      certain.<br>I WILL BE VICTORIOUS!
                                    • vicmartino
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Oct 13, 2001
                                        The Mack is a truly good wrestler. Probably the
                                        best real female wrestler there is today. And her
                                        children are following in her footsteps. This is truly the
                                        first family of real wrestling. And if they were my
                                        family I would be proud. Im a truly a fan of this
                                        family. Yours truly, Vic Martino.
                                      • themackko
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Oct 21, 2001
                                          2002 National AAU Wrestling Events<br><br>
                                          . . . . . . .March 9-10 Norfolk,
                                          Championships . . . March 29-30 Pontiac,
                                          . . . . . . . . April 6-7, Virginia Beach,
                                          . . . May 24-26 Nashville,
                                          Schalles<br>Assistant to the President -
                                          Operations<br>wade@...
                                        • themackko
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Nov 7, 2001
                                            Due to a hospital stay "The Mack" has been away
                                            for awhile, but don't worry I will be fine. Sorry but
                                            this means no Ohio tourney for us. If anyone else
                                            makes it and has pics please post. I will not be on
                                            here much as I still need some very much needed rest.
                                          • themackko
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Nov 16, 2001
                                              Dear Fellow Wrestler,<br>The father trains
                                              son is 7 years <br>old until he is 17. Finally his
                                              son becomes a state wrestling
                                              this film a <br>"must see," and says, "It makes you
                                              want to hug your dad." If you go <br>to our Web site
                                              you can see our new trailer featuring Kurt and
                                              the <br>principle actors in our film went to the
                                              state championship in <br>Pennsylvania. One of them won
                                              outstanding wrestler for the year, and <br>was ranked number
                                              one in the United States at 119
                                              pounds.<br><br>Hollywood studios and distributors admittedly feel we have
                                              a good <br>film with a strong story and a lot of
                                              heart. But because there is no <br>violence, buildings
                                              getting blown up, car chases or sex scenes, they
                                              believe that! <br>In the meetings I have with them, they
                                              assure me that a movie with <br>positive values won't
                                              sell.<br><br>They are also telling me that there is no market for
                                              wrestling. That <br>no one cares about the sport. That no
                                              one's interested in the life of <br>a boy from a small
                                              town, whose working class father pushes him -- out
                                              college <br>scholarship through the sport, which means
                                              sacrifices, starving, hard <br>work, tenacity and
                                              motivation.<br><br>Because wrestling is a fraternity and you are part of
                                              that <br>brotherhood, we need to have you become part
                                              of promoting this film.<br><br>Please go to the Web
                                              site and read the reviews from the first theater
                                              we break a box <br>office record -- we did it 3
                                              weeks in a row! But before you go to the <br>site let
                                              me tell you how you can help.<br><br>We want to
                                              bring the film to your town! What you <br>need to do is
                                              contact your local theater and have them give us a
                                              owner in a <br>guillotine and squeeze as hard as you
                                              can. (Just kidding!)<br>Actually, from my end I will
                                              send the theater a print (copy of the <br>movie), and
                                              also advertise in the local area through newspapers,
                                              the theater <br>and have a great time as well. I can
                                              also arrange to have some of the <br>best wrestlers in
                                              the nation fly in and make public appearances at
                                              schools and <br>churches. By the way, so far we have
                                              booked the film in several <br>theaters this
                                              way.<br>Give them our Web site so they can hear <br>what
                                              people are saying about this film.<br><br>But first
                                              check out our new Web site for reviews and our new
                                              to help <br>promote the sport of wrestling
                                              worldwide. After we hit as many cities <br>as we can we will
                                              be releasing a special-edition DVD and video. It
                                              with several <br>Olympic gold medal winners. So far
                                              confirmed and on that list are Dan <br>Gable, Kurt Angle,
                                              Kendell Cross, Tommy Brands and Brandon Slay. They
                                              it has to the <br>truth of sacrificing for this
                                              wonderful sport. We will also send <br>anyone who ever won
                                              "States" a free-signed complimentary edition. <br>Okay, if
                                              you place I'll throw it in!<br><br>Please e-mail your
                                              response and/or any questions
                                              Reversal <br> <br>A Must See movie for the wrestler or
                                              fan!
                                            • themackko
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Dec 6, 2001
                                                Today is Brenda's birthday and I couldn't think
                                                of a better way of telling her that, being that we
                                                are all apart at this momemt. So what better way to
                                                tell my special girl a big "HAPPY BIRTHDAY". So here
                                                it is....HAPPY BIRTHDAY you little monkey and don't
                                                worry we will all be together again real soon before
                                                you and Dawlton's season
                                                happy birthday. I miss you so much. I hope you practice
                                                cause this year we are going to beat the snot out of
                                                Cameron. I been practicing with Kaelab and can't wait till
                                                I get back home and we are together again like
                                                always. I wish I was there for your party but I will call
                                                you when Mom gets home tonight around 5:30. We sent
                                                your present to you yesterday so it should get there
                                                real soon. I think it was neat and you will like it I
                                                picked it out myself. I LOVE YOU AND MISS
                                                YOU<br><br>Dawlton
                                              • themackko
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Dec 12, 2001
                                                  I opened a new album called "Wykon Wrestling". I
                                                  will add more photos as I get them from the team. As
                                                  you can see in the photo a forarm to the face has it
                                                  defineat effects on the nose. But to say the least, Cole
                                                  won this match.
                                                • blue_10202000
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Mar 3, 2002
                                                    Check out the new FREE pic at
                                                    www.fightingkids.com ! It's super! New Girl Vs. Girl pics posted EVERY
                                                    week. Also, Girl Vs. Boy pics coming soon ! Don't miss
                                                    it! The BEST Fighting Kids pics on the net!!